+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPP/general category

sofia.rawr

Jul 19, 2012
Guys,I got offer letter from centennial which does not say specifically that its either SPP or general category.I got ILTES score of 7.5 overall and got a got loan sanction letter of 10 lakh IND currency which is mandatory for SPP.So ,I am just wondering can i apply under SPP which i am really keen or under general category.Is it categorically says on the offer letter that student can apply under SPP or its the student discretion to decide which one they choose SPP/general category

emmaco

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
if it's your first attempt, then it's under SPP. under general category is for those that have been refused and reapplying.

sofia.rawr

Jul 19, 2012
thanks emmaco,I am applying for the first time so i can file under SPP ,so if SPP is not mentioned in my offer letter its ok

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
Either is fine, but SPP is faster and less demanding. Your college appears in the list of SPP institutions, so I suggest you go ahead and file under SPP.

P.S. I like your username... sofia.rawrrrrrrr!

sofia.rawr

Jul 19, 2012
thanks world.citizen.yes even I am keen on applying through SPP specially when all my doc are ready i just dont want to wait ,hopefully I apply on monday

P.S. @ world citizen i am amazed by your ILTES score you seems to get perfect 9 in almost every thing you must have really worked hard

thatsnandu

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SPP is a once in life time offer..!! If the college which u applied falls under SPP list of colleges, u can apply under SPP for the first time..!! Once u r rejected under SPP or General u cannot apply under SPP again..!! for this I quote below..

"Those who have previously been refused any Canadian study permit application are not eligible to apply under SPP"

I also quote..

"Students do not apply to the SPP; they apply to a participating college and may be considered under the program if they meet specific criteria."

So as Centenial College falls under SPP list and if u r applying for the first time and as u already have a loan sanctioned it wud be advisable to apply under SPP..!! It also makes ur process faster as it has less documents to be submitted..!! Anyways if u wish to submit ur application under General its ur decision or atleast thats my knowledge..!! Wait for others to comment..!! to know more about SPP follow the link below..!! Good luck with ur application..!!

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/StudentPartnersProgram_ProgrammePartenairesEtudiants-Nov09.aspx?view=d

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
sofia.rawr said:
thanks world.citizen.yes even I am keen on applying through SPP specially when all my doc are ready i just dont want to wait ,hopefully I apply on monday

P.S. @ world citizen i am amazed by your ILTES score you seems to get perfect 9 in almost every thing you must have really worked hard
Thanks! The IELTS isn't really that difficult of an exam. I have documented my experience here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/so-close-yet-so-far-t109042.0.html

sofia.rawr

Jul 19, 2012
thanks for the link nandu its very informative .I just got confused because its not mentioned in my offer letter but now i got the point, so i am fulfilling the criteria I will definitely apply under SPP

thatsnandu

Star Member
Feb 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ur welcome..!! And yes follow @world Citizen for IELTS.. thats one of the best guidance u get..!! even I never expected a 7.5 overall.. Believe me, i just prepared for only 4 days.. and only doing the sample tests in Cambridge Books..!! Well, that fetched me a scholarship of 2000$ which is a great relief..!! Its not a hard nut to crack..!!

@world.citizen: Yes never knew writing wasnt my cup of tea..!! My handwriting is pathetic..!! ;D Cudnt congratulate on ur Immense IELTS score.. Now its a double congratulations for ur VISA as well..!! Have a great future..!!

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
thatsnandu said:
Ur welcome..!! And yes follow @ world Citizen for IELTS.. thats one of the best guidance u get..!! even I never expected a 7.5 overall.. Believe me, i just prepared for only 4 days.. and only doing the sample tests in Cambridge Books..!! Well, that fetched me a scholarship of 2000$ which is a great relief..!! Its not a hard nut to crack..!!

@ world.citizen: Yes never knew writing wasnt my cup of tea..!! My handwriting is pathetic..!! ;D Cudnt congratulate on ur Immense IELTS score.. Now its a double congratulations for ur VISA as well..!! Have a great future..!!
Thanks, friend. Appreciate the kind words. Hope you have a great future too!

sofia.rawr

Jul 19, 2012
Well I just got a week to prepare for ILTES and got 7.5 I messed up my writing part where i just got 6 because when i look at the topics i thought its really easy and never practice even writing a single paragraph, but in the exam i think i missed the minimum word count.But i suggest every one to read world.citizen blog because its a very easy yet effective way to prepare,btw @nandu congrats for the scholarship

H

HBK

sofia.rawr said:
Guys,I got offer letter from centennial which does not say specifically that its either SPP or general category.I got ILTES score of 7.5 overall and got a got loan sanction letter of 10 lakh IND currency which is mandatory for SPP.So ,I am just wondering can i apply under SPP which i am really keen or under general category.Is it categorically says on the offer letter that student can apply under SPP or its the student discretion to decide which one they choose SPP/general category
Put checklist (SPP/GENERIC) in your application package accordingly.....

networksingh

Dec 9, 2012
thatsnandu said:
Ur welcome..!! And yes follow @ world Citizen for IELTS.. thats one of the best guidance u get..!! even I never expected a 7.5 overall.. Believe me, i just prepared for only 4 days.. and only doing the sample tests in Cambridge Books..!! Well, that fetched me a scholarship of 2000$ which is a great relief..!! Its not a hard nut to crack..!!

@ world.citizen: Yes never knew writing wasnt my cup of tea..!! My handwriting is pathetic..!! ;D Cudnt congratulate on ur Immense IELTS score.. Now its a double congratulations for ur VISA as well..!! Have a great future..!!
I also have 7.5 band in ielts.... How did you manage to get scholarship on the basis of ielts?