+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse's Language Scores and CRS

iandS3

Jul 2, 2022
After I submitted my eAPR, I got married before I could obtain my PR. However, before I could go back to IRCC with the details of my spouse, I received the CoPR. So, I had to immediately notify IRCC about my change in marital status following which I received a formal request from IRCC to submit my spouse's details.

We figured that my spouse's CELPIP scores are not sufficient and they bring my CRS score below the cut-off of the EE draw that got me the ITA. So, if I submit the current language scores of my wife, do I risk my application being rejected? I only have 15 days before I need to submit all the details to IRCC. So, it is not enough time for my spouse to sit for another language test and try to improve the scores.

Could I submit the current scores and mention in the Letter of Explanation that my spouse is taking another language test to try and improve the score? Does IRCC offer such second chances?

I would appreciate any advise regarding what is the best way forward. Thank you in advance.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
After I submitted my eAPR, I got married before I could obtain my PR. However, before I could go back to IRCC with the details of my spouse, I received the CoPR. So, I had to immediately notify IRCC about my change in marital status following which I received a formal request from IRCC to submit my spouse's details.

We figured that my spouse's CELPIP scores are not sufficient and they bring my CRS score below the cut-off of the EE draw that got me the ITA. So, if I submit the current language scores of my wife, do I risk my application being rejected? I only have 15 days before I need to submit all the details to IRCC. So, it is not enough time for my spouse to sit for another language test and try to improve the scores.

Could I submit the current scores and mention in the Letter of Explanation that my spouse is taking another language test to try and improve the score? Does IRCC offer such second chances?

I would appreciate any advise regarding what is the best way forward. Thank you in advance.
Yes go ahead you never know. Try IELTS they have exam after every alternative week.