+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse visit visa to Permanent Resident

saishasank

Dec 29, 2018
Hi there i recently got married and applied visit visa for my wife from India. I'm a Permanent Resident. I have doubt that what does the border immigration question her while entering Canada on Visit and Can i sponsor her for PR after Arrival in Canada. Does that raise any Question while Processing. Does she need to show Return ticket as well

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there i recently got married and applied visit visa for my wife from India. I'm a Permanent Resident. I have doubt that what does the border immigration question her while entering Canada on Visit and Can i sponsor her for PR after Arrival in Canada. Does that raise any Question while Processing. Does she need to show Return ticket as well
Has the TRV already been approved?

She should definitely have a return ticket since she is only allowed to visit Canada at this time. Airlines will often refuse boarding if a visitor doesn't have a return ticket.

She should not have any issues at the border entering Canada.

autoscriptor

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
No issues. My wife arrived last month on a TRV (visit visa) and entered, although the office asked if she was working, and she answered no. There was no question about the intention to stay in Canada. Get your wife a return ticket where the return segment is fully refundable. Your wife should enter Canada with the official intention of visiting and then leave on the last day of her planned visit to Canada. Good luck.