+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse visa

arunvsubash

Mar 31, 2019
Hey folks,

I have a question with regard to spouse visa.

Say either me or my wife go to study in Canada, I understand that you can apply for the dependant to get a visa and come, live and work with you.

1. Can we apply for the visa only after we finish the course or while either of us is studying ?
2. How long is the visa valid for the dependant. Say my course is 18 months and during the 18 months my spouse joins me. Then once my 18-month student visa is over does my spouse have to return back to our home country ? or could he stay and will his visa be extended if I get a Post Graduation Work Permit ?

Any info will be helpful.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey folks,

I have a question with regard to spouse visa.

Say either me or my wife go to study in Canada, I understand that you can apply for the dependant to get a visa and come, live and work with you.

1. Can we apply for the visa only after we finish the course or while either of us is studying ?
2. How long is the visa valid for the dependant. Say my course is 18 months and during the 18 months my spouse joins me. Then once my 18-month student visa is over does my spouse have to return back to our home country ? or could he stay and will his visa be extended if I get a Post Graduation Work Permit ?

Any info will be helpful.
post in the international student section please