+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visa

buntycanada

Jan 24, 2010
Hi
I am on US h1 work visa, my wife is on h4 visa, i had applied for canadian immigration 7 years back, finally i got my immigrant visa through CHC Delhi, i plan to enter canada soon and apply for my PR, i wish to know how to apply for a spouse visa for my wife, i have
been told that i need to contact the local canadian embassy in US inorder to apply for my spouse's visa. Has anybody been in the same
situation as mine, how do we go about applying for spouse's visa outside canada?What is the processing time for a spouse visa, when
applied through canadian consulates within US

I plan to take my wife initially on a Canadian visitors visa and apply for a spouse visa in canada, i wish to know which option is better?
Applying canadian spouse visa for my wife while i am working in the US or apply it after i land in Canada?Would appreciate if somebody
could guide me for this case?Thanks and regards

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hmm, you should have declared your wife when you applied, or if you weren't married then, after getting married. You have to declare her before landing; if you land without declaring her, you will be barred from sponsoring her for life, but if you declare her first she should get PR along with you.