+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visa - Before OINP or EE - need advice - urgent please.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
I have PGWP until March 2018 and going to get married in Jan 2017.

I am thinking to apply for OINP as soon as it starts again in Nov – Dec or if I wait for Jan 2017 I will be 2 yr in work so I can try EE directly with (467 + 15(by new rules)).

1st Question: Should I apply for OINP or EE before marriage?
Will it be a good option to wait till Feb and then try for EE with my marital status? Or should I get in process of OINP or EE before marriage and then add her in the process?

Second, how can I bring her to Canada ASAP…

I saw 2 options so far, one is SOWP outside and another one is Visitor visa and then SOWP from inside.

But this process taking yrs to complete, for an example if I apply for SOWP from outside (India) it’s going to take 18 months (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/) and that will not work for me at all.

If I bring her on the visitor visa that will take 33 days from India and then apply for SOWP from inside that will take 26 months, and that will also not going to work, has my PGWP is only until March 2018.

But, can I do like this, bring her on the visitor visa and then apply for OINP/EE in Feb or March while she will be on the visitor visa and I am on PGWP ? Is that going to work at all ?

I know, some people are saying that visitor visa is not easy for her, while I am on PGWP or unless I show substantial evidence of ties to home country for her, is that correct?

Or there is any another way to bring my “to be” wife in Canada ?