+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse TRV ! Need help.

SHAH78

Nov 8, 2013
Hello Forum member, I have went through the forum for the first time and I must say that unity brings result and this forum makes this true. BRAVO POEPLE !!!

Now my question. Kindly help me with the followings.

I am Canadian citizen and am planning to apply for a TRV Visa for my spouse (Resident/citizen of Pakistan). I have yet not applied for her permanent residence and thought of applying for a trv for my wife. I read mixed reviews. Some say it is good to apply TRV after putting PR application, some say it is better to apply before hand??? What I have been planning to do is to apply for a multiple entry visa and if I get lucky, she will be able to travel while PR application can process (The processing time is about over two years, sometimes almost 3 years). What are my best options in your opinion?

If I were to go ahead with the TRV application. Can I scan my bank statement for her to take a print out and submit along the rest of the application ( Trying to safe time and cost )?

Is it advise-able/neccssary to attach my police character certificate from Canada. And if the answer is yes, will a scan copy from my end will be allright? or this doc has to be sent in original?

I thank you all in advance for your help! Kindly senior members put some light ! Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
SHAH78 said:
If I were to go ahead with the TRV application. Can I scan my bank statement for her to take a print out and submit along the rest of the application ( Trying to safe time and cost )?

Is it advise-able/neccssary to attach my police character certificate from Canada. And if the answer is yes, will a scan copy from my end will be allright? or this doc has to be sent in original?
Hi

To be honest, I don't think it matters whether you apply for the TRV before or after applying for PR, there is a very good chance of refusal either way. For a TRV, an applicant must show that their ties to their home country (employment, property, family etc.) are stronger than ties to Canada. However, a spouse in Canada is almost always considered the strongest tie. There have been a few approvals but the majority are refusals.

You can scan her your bank statement. You don't need a police cert.

I would advise you to start the PR app ASAP.

SHAH78

Nov 8, 2013
Thanks canuck_in_uk !!! I am quite aware that the chances are slim. But what I got to loose is only the application fee. So why not try. Also I am preparing for her PR app, and by the time TRV finalised I will have the PR ready to submit. Thanks for your feed back though !!! Cheers