+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship

Khansunj

Nov 22, 2017
Hello everyone,

Please help me with the last section of checklist
Provide at least 2 of the following (check which items you are providing):
1. Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment
or insurance benefits)
2. Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expenses.
3. Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters from friends/family, social media
information showing a public relationship, etc.).

Any suggestions for number 3.?

Khansunj

Nov 22, 2017
Please suggest me some feasible options I can look for as I am in Canada and my spouse is in Bangladesh.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello everyone,

Please help me with the last section of checklist
Provide at least 2 of the following (check which items you are providing):
1. Important documents for you and your spouse showing that you are recognized as each other's spouse (such as employment
or insurance benefits)
2. Documentary evidence of financial support between you and your sponsor, and/or shared expenses.
3. Other proof that your relationship is recognized by your friends and/or family (e.g. Letters from friends/family, social media
information showing a public relationship, etc.).

Any suggestions for number 3.?
I don't really understand what you need. The suggestions are very clearly stated. Have friends or family write letters regarding the genuineness of your relationship, meeting your partner, how their own relationship has grown with your partner, etc. Screenshots from Facebook, Instagram etc of trips taken together, out in public, with friends, etc.....things like that.

Khansunj

Nov 22, 2017
I don't really understand what you need. The suggestions are very clearly stated. Have friends or family write letters regarding the genuineness of your relationship, meeting your partner, how their own relationship has grown with your partner, etc. Screenshots from Facebook, Instagram etc of trips taken together, out in public, with friends, etc.....things like that.
of course everything is stated clearly in the checklist...still people write here to crosscheck.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
of course everything is stated clearly in the checklist...still people write here to crosscheck.
So once again...what do you need? Where do you need clarification? I'm just asking so I know what you need and can provide (if I know the answer)

Canadian.In.NZ.

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Category........
FAM

Its not complicated. Are you able to provide letters from friends or family? Do you have anything on any social media sites to show that your relationship is public, meaning that others are aware of it and know about it? Like kcward7 said, screenshots of trips or anything to do with the two of you in a public setting. It can be anything.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
or insurance benefits)

>> Wouldn't marriage certificate be a proof enough for this point?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
or insurance benefits)

>> Wouldn't marriage certificate be a proof enough for this point?
If it's enough, they won't list the other documents required.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Mother and father name on birth certificate is different than on the passport of the applicant. Father's surname is different and mother has no surname mentioned on the Birth Certificate. Can this be an issue or point of query during spouse sponsorship application since name of parents on passport and birth certificate will not match?

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
We included some photocopies of cards people sent us after our wedding congratulating us from family and friends, and several of our photos showed us with family at various events. I've seen other people on here get friends and family to write letters attesting to the relationship etc, so you can do that.

Reactions: DiNaV

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
We included some photocopies of cards people sent us after our wedding congratulating us from family and friends, and several of our photos showed us with family at various events. I've seen other people on here get friends and family to write letters attesting to the relationship etc, so you can do that.
What kind of letters - I mean are these print out of emails? Nobody writes handwritten letters these days. And if they write, how can the authenticity be proved that its the relative/friend who has written that letter?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
What kind of letters - I mean are these print out of emails? Nobody writes handwritten letters these days. And if they write, how can the authenticity be proved that its the relative/friend who has written that letter?
The authenticity can be verified at the interview. If you've submitted fake letters, it will be a simple matter to dig into the details of the letter, and officers are trained on how to spot lies. It's simple enough to cross-reference details, or to ask for their friend's contact info so that the officer can call them up and talk to them right there and then.

Sure, with enough effort you can come up with ways to fool them, but it isn't as easy as just writing a fake letter.

It can be a print out, doesn't need to be handwritten. The main thing is that your friend/relative include their contact information so that the officer can get in touch if needed.

Also, there is a presumption that you are telling the truth, so it's doubly worse if you lie. Easy way to get deported and banned for life.

lion.com

Jul 16, 2019
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
07-11-2018
AOR Received.
16-01-2019
File Transfer...
04-07-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-02-2019
Passport Req..
17-10-2019
When my friends and family wrote letters, our lawyer recommended us to attach their passport copies, so officer will know it’s not some fake letters

phaeo

Apr 27, 2017
I don't think it matters if they're handwritten or typed up. I've seen some people get them notarised, but I don't think you need to do that. Looks like others have given you some good tips though

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
The authenticity can be verified at the interview. If you've submitted fake letters, it will be a simple matter to dig into the details of the letter, and officers are trained on how to spot lies. It's simple enough to cross-reference details, or to ask for their friend's contact info so that the officer can call them up and talk to them right there and then.

Sure, with enough effort you can come up with ways to fool them, but it isn't as easy as just writing a fake letter.

It can be a print out, doesn't need to be handwritten. The main thing is that your friend/relative include their contact information so that the officer can get in touch if needed.

Also, there is a presumption that you are telling the truth, so it's doubly worse if you lie. Easy way to get deported and banned for life.
Thanks. What I was looking for is how to "authenticate" my letters from Family & Friends and I got the answer.

People writing letters/emails should provide their contact information & copies of passport. And we attach a printout of that with the application!