+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse sponsorship

romz

Feb 2, 2010
i need help about my spouse application... my wife file an application for me... she received a letter from the immigration office telling that our application is incomplete... we need to comply the 3 items.. 1st, Canadian Revenue, 2nd certificates of employment of my wife and last is that i should have a medical examination... my question is, is it possible that i have to have medical examination already?? because we file the application without i taking the medical examination... because the regular procedure we knew was the manila office will send the letter for medical exam...
also, my wife is pregnant on her 6th month.. so she filed the application together with a recommendation letter coming from her doctor for faster processing...
thanks for ur replies... much appreciated

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

quote author=romz link=topic=33867.msg213298#msg213298 date=1265122040]
i need help about my spouse application... my wife file an application for me... she received a letter from the immigration office telling that our application is incomplete... we need to comply the 3 items.. 1st, Canadian Revenue, 2nd certificates of employment of my wife and last is that i should have a medical examination... my question is, is it possible that i have to have medical examination already?? because we file the application without i taking the medical examination... because the regular procedure we knew was the manila office will send the letter for medical exam...
also, my wife is pregnant on her 6th month.. so she filed the application together with a recommendation letter coming from her doctor for faster processing...
[/quote]

" When in doubt, read the instructions"

1. All spousal applicants are required to submit proof of a medical exam with the application.
2. You ask for faster processing, and yet don't send a complete application?

PMM

mrsJDL

Dec 6, 2009
romz said:
hi romz,

1. you have to provide the original option C printout, you can request it from CRA for free. if you do not provide it, then you have to submit an explanation or something else, it is written in the document cheklist.
2. if your wife is employed, she has to provide the certificate of employment, it is written at the bottom of IMM5481 (sponsorship evaluation form) and in the document checklist
3. you need to do your medical first and include the original copy 2 in your application, it is very clear in the document checklist and guide.

had you and your wife read the document checklist carefully and thoroughly, you won't miss it.

the spousal sponsorship application is different from other sponsorship applications.

good luck.