+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship - permanent residency - why so long?what's wrong

brains_cy

Mar 9, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum and what a wealth of information. I need some clarification/understanding of my situation and whether its unique or i'm in trouble.

I arrived in Canada Dec 2006 from the UK on a 1 year work visa, got a job in Jan 2007 working for the Calgary Health Region (then), since me and my girlfriend (then) had been dating seriously for quite some time and before coming here on my visa i visited Canada 5 times, we decided to get engaged and married and begin the long process of applying for permanent residency under the spouse sponsorship program.

The last form of communication i received from CIC was in January 2008 stating that my file had been moved down to the Calgary office and was undergoing background checks, every time i call to check for any update,nothing. I'm currently on a open work permit and have been renewing my permit every year, however can someone advise as to what is taking so long. All the necessary documentation has been submitted for the PR application.

Any suggestions,feedback and ideas are welcome.....just need some understanding in this situation.

Thank you everyone

ps: excuse the long story

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
It can take anything from 24-36 months. Have patience [I understand it is difficult], but eventually u'll sail thru.