+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship - help

Jun 20, 2019
I completed the process of immigration by landing in Toronto in January, 2018.
I stayed in Toronto for 5 weeks only and returned to my home country, Pakistan. Was planning on returning in a year, permanently.
I got married in April, 2018 so till now could not return to Canada.
Now, we are planning on shifting to Canada however, the spouse sponsorship process takes around 12 months or longer. We don’t want to be separated for that long.
My question is:
1. Can my wife apply for Express Entry Application, She has masters in Business Administration so she will mange the score, without having any impact on spouse sponsorship application if express entry application is not approved.
2. If express entry application is not approved, can we go for student visa.
3. Will any of these two application have negative impact In future ie attaining citizenship of Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I completed the process of immigration by landing in Toronto in January, 2018.
I stayed in Toronto for 5 weeks only and returned to my home country, Pakistan. Was planning on returning in a year, permanently.
I got married in April, 2018 so till now could not return to Canada.
Now, we are planning on shifting to Canada however, the spouse sponsorship process takes around 12 months or longer. We don’t want to be separated for that long.
My question is:
1. Can my wife apply for Express Entry Application, She has masters in Business Administration so she will mange the score, without having any impact on spouse sponsorship application if express entry application is not approved.
2. If express entry application is not approved, can we go for student visa.
3. Will any of these two application have negative impact In future ie attaining citizenship of Canada.
1. Yes - she can apply for Express Entry. Right now you need a score of 460+ to be selected. Note that she cannot gain any points from you since you are already a PR.
2. Yes - she can do that. It will be more difficult to get approval since you are Canadian and IRCC may suspect she isn't a genuine student. If she applies for a study permit, it should be for either a Masters or PhD program in Canada that makes sense in light of her previous education and work experience.
3. No.