+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse sponsorship, Family Class, Outland.

mabdelaal

Nov 8, 2017
Peace on every one,

Actually i`m beginner in this kind of procedures and after intensive search i found this website and its really amazing, members are helpful and nice.

If you don`t mind i have a simple request for explanation regarding Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008], question# 3: How many family members including you in this application ?????

I`m not Canadian i am sponsored by my Canadian wife which live with me out side Canada and we have 2 Canadian kids already have Canadian passport do i have to mentioned them in this question so the answer will be 4 members?!!!!!

Please guide me :)

mabdelaal

Nov 8, 2017
Yep based on your description of your family you would put 4. Family members are defined by the IRCC as a spouse or common-law partner, and any dependents.
First of all, thanks a lot for your replay and assist but actually if i will add the kids to answer of Q.3 the part related to them is full of quations which is not logic and there is no answer can mentioned like native language ( what kind of language will be for 1 years old kid and many questions same like this ) so what do you think how i can handle this ?!

WorkerInCanada123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Montreal, Quebec
You just have to put N/A in the language, education sections etc. They will understand why if your child is only 1 year old (you have to put the DOB). I had the same problem with my dependent, but you still MUST add them as a dependent to this form.

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Peace on every one,

Actually i`m beginner in this kind of procedures and after intensive search i found this website and its really amazing, members are helpful and nice.

If you don`t mind i have a simple request for explanation regarding Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008], question# 3: How many family members including you in this application ?????

I`m not Canadian i am sponsored by my Canadian wife which live with me out side Canada and we have 2 Canadian kids already have Canadian passport do i have to mentioned them in this question so the answer will be 4 members?!!!!!

If you are the only one applying for permanent residence and the rest of your family are already Canadian then your answer will be 1.

Reactions: mabdelaal

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Peace on every one,

No, your Canadian spouse and children are NOT dependents and are not jncluded in the app. The answer is 1.

mabdelaal

Nov 8, 2017
You just have to put N/A in the language, education sections etc. They will understand why if your child is only 1 year old (you have to put the DOB). I had the same problem with my dependent, but you still MUST add them as a dependent to this form.
There is no N/A choice and you can not type it so how i can do it, may i know what happend with your application they accept it or what ?

Susieq

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Is there any way to be sure about this question proper answer?
The proper answer is different for everyone. In your case the answer is 1. You are the only person applying to come to Canada in your family. Your children and wife are here and are canadian so they are not applying