+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse sponsorship and work permit?...don't know if i should do anything.. help!

cangirl

Feb 23, 2010
I have a delimma at hand. In November 2009, I sponsored my husband to come here. We are still waiting to hear back for passport request. Not too long ago my husband found a job opening not too far from where I am living and sent his resume, filled up an app form they sent him and they requested his passport info. I'm wondering if there will be a problem, as the company is looking to hiring foreigners and will issue a work permit. Should we inform the company or someone of our sponsorship app? I don't want to get into any problems. Any suggestions? Please help! Thank you.
Cangirl

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
cangirl said:
I have a delimma at hand. In November 2009, I sponsored my husband to come here. We are still waiting to hear back for passport request. Not too long ago my husband found a job opening not too far from where I am living and sent his resume, filled up an app form they sent him and they requested his passport info. I'm wondering if there will be a problem, as the company is looking to hiring foreigners and will issue a work permit. Should we inform the company or someone of our sponsorship app? I don't want to get into any problems. Any suggestions? Please help! Thank you.
Cangirl
If the company is willing to submit a Labour Market Opinion in your husband's favour, then he can apply for a Work Permit. I don't see why a sponsorship application in progress will be a problem for the company. It can only help the company later once the sponsorship is approved as they won't go through the trouble of applying for LMO if they are happy with your husband's performance and they want to keep him.