+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsor ship (OUTLAND)

Motherbuddha

Feb 24, 2012
Hello, I am a UK citizen and my wife is sponsoring me. I just have a few questions and wondered if my understanding was correct, Just want to double check with you folk.

1. We will be applying outland but I will be in Canada when we apply as a visitor, my understanding is this is fine because my residency is still in the UK. That's my first question :)

2. The medical examination I am going to be getting in Canada as it costs much less than here, does that make a difference because we are applying outland and the medical has not been done in the UK?

3. Can I get a copy of my documents verified and signed by an official in Canada e.g Passport and birth certificate?

4. Could some estimate the waiting time for me on average?

I think that's it, ha. Thank you! :)

orly

Star Member
Oct 9, 2012
Guelph, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2012
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
File Transfer...
09-01-2013
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05-08-2013
LANDED..........
17-08-2013 (lived in Canada since 2012 though)
Motherbuddha said:
Hello, I am a UK citizen and my wife is sponsoring me. I just have a few questions and wondered if my understanding was correct, Just want to double check with you folk.

1. We will be applying outland but I will be in Canada when we apply as a visitor, my understanding is this is fine because my residency is still in the UK. That's my first question :)

2. The medical examination I am going to be getting in Canada as it costs much less than here, does that make a difference because we are applying outland and the medical has not been done in the UK?

3. Can I get a copy of my documents verified and signed by an official in Canada e.g Passport and birth certificate?

4. Could some estimate the waiting time for me on average?

I think that's it, ha. Thank you! :)
1) yep. You can be in Canada and apply "outland" to London. I did the same as a Brit with my Canadian wife.
2) Again yep. I did my medical in Ontario. The whole thing including x-rays and blood tests was about $180
3) You don't need any of your documents signed by an "official". I certainly don't remember needing any.
4) We sent our complete application to CIC Mississauga in December 2012. Was approved 31st July 2013. Some people are faster than this. Some are slower. It's hard to estimate how long it'll take as it varies fairly significantly. Generally you'd have to be exceptionally unlucky for it to take much longer than 10 months tops.