+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse skills

KKUMAR14

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
hi all,

my doubt is while applying for express entry, does my spouse skills will also be taken into consideration? both our resumes will be looked at or only mine?

thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Most likely only yours.

Ekniranjan2

Dec 2, 2014
As per this link(wwwDOTcicDOTgcDOTca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp), Education credential Assessment(ECA) and Language test results(IELTS or CELPIP) seems to be be mandatory for the "accompanying SPOUSE or common law partner" of a principal applicant who are going to apply under Express entry for federal economic immigration programs like FSWP(Federal Skilled Worker Program) or Canadian Experience Class(CEC)

It seems to me that it is not a question of just getting additional points for "Spouse factors", principal applicants may also need to provide ECA and Language test results for the spouse in case if they are going to include the spouse in the PR application under express entry.

For example, if one's spouse has masters degree then they can't just say "UNEDUCATED" in their application.
but the moment when you say that "my spouse has masters degree" then the online system may ask to submit the proof for it(ECA). Similarly for Language test proofs also(IELTS or CELPIP)

Senior members, please correct me if I am wrong !

new_day

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Ekniranjan2 said:
As per this link(wwwDOTcicDOTgcDOTca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp), Education credential Assessment(ECA) and Language test results(IELTS or CELPIP) seems to be be mandatory for the "accompanying SPOUSE or common law partner" of a principal applicant who are going to apply under Express entry for federal economic immigration programs like FSWP(Federal Skilled Worker Program) or Canadian Experience Class(CEC)

It seems to me that it is not a question of just getting additional points for "Spouse factors", principal applicants may also need to provide ECA and Language test results for the spouse in case if they are going to include the spouse in the PR application under express entry.

For example, if one's spouse has masters degree then they can't just say "UNEDUCATED" in their application.
but the moment when you say that "my spouse has masters degree" then the online system may ask to submit the proof for it(ECA). Similarly for Language test proofs also(IELTS or CELPIP)

Senior members, please correct me if I am wrong !
May be you are right.
There are a section for spouse education but no section to write "ECA not done", so we can not submit spouse education without ECA as well as to claim point.
Language test definitely requires IELTS to prove skill.