+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse PR. Need help moving out of Canada.

laxpei01

Jan 18, 2011
Hi,

got some questions regarding spouse PR. below are the bullets . please someone respond with ur expert answer.

1. I will be moving to USA from Canada to work for the same Canadian Company on a L1 visa, the paystubs that I will get in canada will be issued from Canada address from my Canadian company.
2. I already applied for my Spouse PR in New Delhi (when I was in Canada), and current status is they requested passport/documents.
3. I haven't updated the ND that I moved to USA yet..

keeping these in mind. how would the PR of my spouse impact ??? any ideas????

wht r the next steps and what process should we follow.

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
laxpei01 said:
Hi,

got some questions regarding spouse PR. below are the bullets . please someone respond with ur expert answer.

1. I will be moving to USA from Canada to work for the same Canadian Company on a L1 visa, the paystubs that I will get in canada will be issued from Canada address from my Canadian company.
2. I already applied for my Spouse PR in New Delhi (when I was in Canada), and current status is they requested passport/documents.
3. I haven't updated the ND that I moved to USA yet..

keeping these in mind. how would the PR of my spouse impact ??? any ideas????

wht r the next steps and what process should we follow.
Your sponsorship is already approved, the PR for her is in process.
You do not need to inform them anything about the sponsor's change in employment.

I assume you are a Canadian PR working in USA. If that is the case i do not think it has anything to do with her application.

laxpei01

Jan 18, 2011
Here is the BIG mess for me...

Now she got PPR .. and I may travel to US in a month, so I want to apply L2 visa for my spouse in India in august, if I post her Passport to ND and if they will not get back to me in 2 months then she will be stuck for more time in India...

I dont know wht to do now...

will ND give back the passport upon request that she needs her Passport for some other reasons and once the PR is approved we can send the passport back for visa stamp ??

fprince

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
நியூ டெல்லி, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2010
AOR Received.
Dec 22, 2010
File Transfer...
Jan 4, 2011
Passport Req..
May 6, 2011 ( CSE EMAIL )
VISA ISSUED...
May 20, 2011 ( Received May 28 )
LANDED..........
June 21, 2011
laxpei01 said:
Here is the BIG mess for me...

Now she got PPR .. and I may travel to US in a month, so I want to apply L2 visa for my spouse in India in august, if I post her Passport to ND and if they will not get back to me in 2 months then she will be stuck for more time in India...

I dont know wht to do now...

will ND give back the passport upon request that she needs her Passport for some other reasons and once the PR is approved we can send the passport back for visa stamp ??
Not really, they wont do it "special" for you under any circumstances as this is India and we have been through this.

You should really plan on bringing her to Canada and landing here before the visa expires and then think abt all the US travel. I do know its a very different situation.

I suggest FIRST get the PR ..it is not a joke with CHC ND and then sort things out..or try this

You can apply for a US visa today in India if you can ..don know how long you need so you can get the visa and then send a PP to CHC ND.
PPR does not have a "PP BY" date in CHC ND.
So if you can get a US Visa and then send the PP to CHC ND...you take the risk of first getting a US Visa and then sending the PP to CHC ND.
The only issue is when they see the new US Visa on the PP that is a red flag in CHC ND as you do not show the intent of settling in Canada right away....be cautious
so in other words you do not now convince your IO that you will settle in Canada and PR is not a must right away for her to settle with you.

It is your call & post the questions in the ND thread, much easier there.