+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit Visa

Nivivyomini

Aug 19, 2022
Hi all,

This is Nivetha from India. My husband is an ICT Primary applicant. ( 3 years visa validity)
When his company applied for a visa for me, my passport has a validity of 9 months and I renewed my passport before stamping and sent my old and new passport to the embassy and they stamped the visa validity linked to my old passport ( Valid til April 2, 2023) . Now I couldn't able to travel due to my pregnancy and my due date is on March first week.

1. Shall I apply for a new Sowp now and state the pregnancy and old passport as a reason? Did anyone reapplied the sowp before?

Need suggestions. Thank you all for your time

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

This is Nivetha from India. My husband is an ICT Primary applicant. ( 3 years visa validity)
When his company applied for a visa for me, my passport has a validity of 9 months and I renewed my passport before stamping and sent my old and new passport to the embassy and they stamped the visa validity linked to my old passport ( Valid til April 2, 2023) . Now I couldn't able to travel due to my pregnancy and my due date is on March first week.

1. Shall I apply for a new Sowp now and state the pregnancy and old passport as a reason? Did anyone reapplied the sowp before?

Need suggestions. Thank you all for your time
You can apply for a new SOWP. Would only mention that you have a new passport and you want your SOWP expiry date to coincide with your husband’s ICT expiry date.