Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Nomination.....
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Hi Everyone,
I am a PGWP holder(recently graduated) valid until October 20, 2017. I am doing internship and it's a one year contract(From May 1, 2016 to April 30, 2016). My job responsibility falls under NOC zero(Management) category.
CIC rejected my wife TRV recently(29 June 2016).

As far as i know as a NOC job category holder's spouse, she can apply for SOWP.

1. What are the success rate in this case?
2. In the application checklist(from cic) they just asking for passport, proof of relationship, letter of explanation, and other application form.
Do i need to show any financial documents back in my country?
Do i need show money in my spouse name?
where should i show more money(in my account or spouse?)?
(she is a student so she does not have that much money in her account. either she will get money from her father or me in case she needs to show.)
3. She is doing masters and she will join me after her masters so is there any documents i have to show that she will be graduated by december/november? (processing time from my country is more than 3 months)
4. is there any problem that i am in one year contract and it's not a permanent job?
5. Is it okay if she apply now just after getting TRV rejection?
6. Can you guys share a detail document list?

rahman2

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Nomination.....
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
Anyone?
Could you please answer my question and help me.

Thanks

vineet7kumar

Jun 12, 2011
You are also supposed to show your offer letter (I believe it should describe your work) and last 3 salary slips. This is so that they can determine that you are indeed working in a valid skilled class - NOC 0 in your case. Take a look at this from CIC's website (I am not allowed post links in my reply, but you should be able to google for it):

Your spouse or common-law partner can apply for an open work permit if you are:

approved to work in Canada for six months or longer, and
doing a job at Skill Level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification.

Note: If you have an open work permit (e.g. post-graduation work permit, International Experience Canada, et cetera) your spouse must attach a copy of your work permit to their application for an open work permit, along with a:

letter from your current employer that confirms you work there in a NOC 0, A or B occupation, or a copy of your employment offer or contract, and
copy of your recent pay slips.
Your spouse’s permit will not be valid longer than yours.

I am not sure how it works with a contract job! I believe you should have at least 6 months more at the time of application.
AS for funds, I am assuming that since in CIC's terminology your spouse is your dependent and you are sponsoring her, you have to show enough funds in your account.

Good luck!

P.S: I am not allowed to post links in my forum posts!

rahman2

Star Member
Feb 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Nomination.....
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
10-01-2017
vineet7kumar said:
You are also supposed to show your offer letter (I believe it should describe your work) and last 3 salary slips. This is so that they can determine that you are indeed working in a valid skilled class - NOC 0 in your case. Take a look at this from CIC's website (I am not allowed post links in my reply, but you should be able to google for it):

Your spouse or common-law partner can apply for an open work permit if you are:

approved to work in Canada for six months or longer, and
doing a job at Skill Level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification.

Note: If you have an open work permit (e.g. post-graduation work permit, International Experience Canada, et cetera) your spouse must attach a copy of your work permit to their application for an open work permit, along with a:

letter from your current employer that confirms you work there in a NOC 0, A or B occupation, or a copy of your employment offer or contract, and
copy of your recent pay slips.
Your spouse’s permit will not be valid longer than yours.

I am not sure how it works with a contract job! I believe you should have at least 6 months more at the time of application.
AS for funds, I am assuming that since in CIC's terminology your spouse is your dependent and you are sponsoring her, you have to show enough funds in your account.

Good luck!

P.S: I am not allowed to post links in my forum posts!
Thanks a lot.
Do you have any idea how am i going to proof that she will complete her exam by December 2016?(like what type of documents required)
I want her to join me just after her study.

Regards,