+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT gather here to share ur experience, timeline and decisions

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
has anyone here who applied SOWP with primary applicant on study permit and got successful approval? please share ur stories

Reactions: RumezaJ

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
has anyone here who applied SOWP with primary applicant on study permit and got successful approval? please share ur stories
I did, so my sister with her husband. Times usually vary. Most people get approval at the same time for SP and SOWP. In my case, my wife got her PPR one month after I got mine.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
I did, so my sister with her husband. Times usually vary. Most people get approval at the same time for SP and SOWP. In my case, my wife got her PPR one month after I got mine.
Dear ur wife was on study permit and u on SOWP? Total how many days different between study permit approved SWOP?

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
SP for me and SOWP for her. I received medical request letter, two months later I got PPT, and that same day she got medical request letter. One month later she got PPR.

It's a particular case. As I mentioned, it varies for everyone. I even read a case of someone that was applying with her husband and one kid, and the kid got PPR before both parents did. If one of the family gets approval, it's most likely that the rest will.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
SP for me and SOWP for her. I received medical request letter, two months later I got PPT, and that same day she got medical request letter. One month later she got PPR.

It's a particular case. As I mentioned, it varies for everyone. I even read a case of someone that was applying with her husband and one kid, and the kid got PPR before both parents did. If one of the family gets approval, it's most likely that the rest will.
Haha yes I seen one case on Facebook that husband work permit issued before wife study permit even his visa was stamped on passport but wife decision still pending.

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
Haha yes I seen one case on Facebook that husband work permit issued before wife study permit even his visa was stamped on passport but wife decision still pending.
We applied together and our profiles are very different from other applications. Like we both have studied abroad. He studied in UK and I studied master degree in Italy. We both working in same profession as safety engr in Dubai construction companies. He working since 8 year in dubai and I working since 4 years. I have study gave from 2017 to 2021 which covered with job exp. But I chosen only one year certificate in civil tech in college even before I studied master in Italy. I chosen this due to job requirements as work in construction sector. Master in health and safety also related to construction and I did research theses in construction health and safety. So confused what will happen. We applied 10 sep from Dubai

NP8994

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
We applied together and our profiles are very different from other applications. Like we both have studied abroad. He studied in UK and I studied master degree in Italy. We both working in same profession as safety engr in Dubai construction companies. He working since 8 year in dubai and I working since 4 years. I have study gave from 2017 to 2021 which covered with job exp. But I chosen only one year certificate in civil tech in college even before I studied master in Italy. I chosen this due to job requirements as work in construction sector. Master in health and safety also related to construction and I did research theses in construction health and safety. So confused what will happen. We applied 10 sep from Dubai
HI,

ME AND MY WIFE APPLIED FROM UAE FOR STUDY PERMIT AND SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT, HER VISA GOT APPROVED. FOR STUDY PERMIT MINE STILL SHOWING ELIGIBILITY UNDER REVIEW, HER CLASSES STARTED ONLINE 7TH SEPTEMBER. ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHY IS THE DELAY FOR SPOUSE, ?
WE BOTH APPLIED TOGETHER BELOW IS TIME LINE.

FILE SUBMITTED --11TH MAY 2021
BIOMETRIC------15JULY FROM INDIA
SP APPROVED -3RD AUGUST

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021
HI,

ME AND MY WIFE APPLIED FROM UAE FOR STUDY PERMIT AND SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT, HER VISA GOT APPROVED. FOR STUDY PERMIT MINE STILL SHOWING ELIGIBILITY UNDER REVIEW, HER CLASSES STARTED ONLINE 7TH SEPTEMBER. ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEA WHY IS THE DELAY FOR SPOUSE, ?
WE BOTH APPLIED TOGETHER BELOW IS TIME LINE.

FILE SUBMITTED --11TH MAY 2021
BIOMETRIC------15JULY FROM INDIA
SP APPROVED -3RD AUGUST
Please check inbox

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
I did for my husband and me on June 18

sowp for him, SP for me

I just received a ghost update on his profile but nothing changed. No update on my profile