+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit extention refusal help

Ethan202305

Sep 13, 2023
Hello everyone,

My wife's application for the extention of her spouse open work permit was refuse on November 12, 2023. The refusal reason is as the following: "
After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. You may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is worker in Canada under these occupations, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in one of these occupations, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada."

I provided my PGWP, offer of emloyment, signed agreement with my employer and the most recent 3 payment slips.

The problem is one of my friends also submitted the application for his wife's extention of spouse open work permit and received the approval. He did not submitted any information about his work and employer.

I really cannot understand the refusal reason.

And my wife now lost her worker status.

I am not sure if we should apply for the restoration of her status or file an appeal?

Could anyone give some suggestions?

Thanks,

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,

My wife's application for the extention of her spouse open work permit was refuse on November 12, 2023. The refusal reason is as the following: "
After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. You may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is worker in Canada under these occupations, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in one of these occupations, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada."

I provided my PGWP, offer of emloyment, signed agreement with my employer and the most recent 3 payment slips.

The problem is one of my friends also submitted the application for his wife's extention of spouse open work permit and received the approval. He did not submitted any information about his work and employer.

I really cannot understand the refusal reason.

And my wife now lost her worker status.

I am not sure if we should apply for the restoration of her status or file an appeal?

Could anyone give some suggestions?

Thanks,
You can file reconsideration but there are no timelines. Or reapply. She cannot work until a permit is approved. She needs to restore her status.

Reactions: yeasir.akram