+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open Work permit extension refused-applied for Restroration in visitor visa,

garggg

Oct 9, 2022
Hi guys, I applied for SOWP extension on 1 april (as my work pemrit was to expire on 30th april), my wife's study permit expired on 6 august and was on PGWP applied status since 22 may and my extension file got opened on 2 october and was refused on the grounds that she no longer is a full time student and i was asked to restore my status.
I applied for restoration of status under visitor visa on 3 october as she still did not get her PGWP.
On 7 oct she recieved her PGWP approval.

What should we do now?
should we apply for my work permit file again with her PGWP before we get any answer on the restoration file. or go to the border and get the work permit.
Or should we wait for visitor visa results before doing anything?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys, I applied for SOWP extension on 1 april (as my work pemrit was to expire on 30th april), my wife's study permit expired on 6 august and was on PGWP applied status since 22 may and my extension file got opened on 2 october and was refused on the grounds that she no longer is a full time student and i was asked to restore my status.
I applied for restoration of status under visitor visa on 3 october as she still did not get her PGWP.
On 7 oct she recieved her PGWP approval.

What should we do now?
should we apply for my work permit file again with her PGWP before we get any answer on the restoration file. or go to the border and get the work permit.
Or should we wait for visitor visa results before doing anything?
You can't go to the border while out of status. So flagpoling is not an option.

I think waiting for restoration is the best option. However wait for others to comment.