+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit application

jpjrose

Jul 9, 2022
Hi Team,
My ICT visa got approved and my company gave only visitor visa for my spouse.
Anybody know the current time line for getting open work permit approved if applied from India?.
Is there any difference in time line if we apply from India before travel or apply from Canada after the travel? Which method would be preferable?

Thanks in advance,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Team,
My ICT visa got approved and my company gave only visitor visa for my spouse.
Anybody know the current time line for getting open work permit approved if applied from India?.
Is there any difference in time line if we apply from India before travel or apply from Canada after the travel? Which method would be preferable?

Thanks in advance,
Apply as soon as possible to start the process asap. Think it’s still around 6 months. You can look at the workers section to see examples of recent approvals and their timelines.

ckailashn

Oct 10, 2022
Recently we got ICT WP along with a Visitor visa for my spouse and a Student visa for my kids. we are about to travel in a month. can I apply SOWP for my wife from India before I travel? would this create any chaos at POE or any processing delays after entering Canada? as I need to specify iam processing outside of Canada will this have any impact once I enter inside Canada? pls guide.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Recently we got ICT WP along with a Visitor visa for my spouse and a Student visa for my kids. we are about to travel in a month. can I apply SOWP for my wife from India before I travel? would this create any chaos at POE or any processing delays after entering Canada? as I need to specify iam processing outside of Canada will this have any impact once I enter inside Canada? pls guide.
Yes you can start your application outside of Canada. Actually a good idea to start the processing as soon as possible. Once you are settled in Canada update your address.

ckailashn

Oct 10, 2022
Thanks for the confirmation, Have one query. While uploading the documents one of the options is to upload the upfront medical exam. When we took medical I got only a vaccination worksheet from Apollo. can you pls guide what document would I need to submit? and where should I get it from?