+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse immigration from India

nikhil1234

Apr 15, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I am Permanent Resident of Canada. I'm going to marry a girl in India in the coming December. She is Indian Citizen. To apply for her PR after marriage, I heard there are two possible options:
1) Apply for her PR in New Delhi office. I heard it takes around 6-8 months to get the PR. She can come to Canada after she gets the PR.
2) Apply for a dependent visa for her. Then after she comes to Canada on dependent visa, apply for her PR at Ottawa office. I have heard she can get work permit also with this option but the processing time is longer around 1.5 years.

I am not sure about the time period in these two options. Please inform me how much is the general time period required for both these options and which is a better option? Also, please inform how much time it takes to get the work permit in Option 2. And is it possible to get a dependent visa and work permit with Option 1? I will really appreciate if someone can share these information with me. Thanks a lot.

AG15

May 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ndvo
nikhil1234 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am Permanent Resident of Canada. I'm going to marry a girl in India in the coming December. She is Indian Citizen. To apply for her PR after marriage, I heard there are two possible options:
1) Apply for her PR in New Delhi office. I heard it takes around 6-8 months to get the PR. She can come to Canada after she gets the PR.
2) Apply for a dependent visa for her. Then after she comes to Canada on dependent visa, apply for her PR at Ottawa office. I have heard she can get work permit also with this option but the processing time is longer around 1.5 years.

I am not sure about the time period in these two options. Please inform me how much is the general time period required for both these options and which is a better option? Also, please inform how much time it takes to get the work permit in Option 2. And is it possible to get a dependent visa and work permit with Option 1? I will really appreciate if someone can share these information with me. Thanks a lot.
For outland application there is no chances for open workpermit even its after 1.5 yrs. You can apply trv after marriage and do inland and apply owp. Processing time is 19 months outland and 26 months inland both sponsorship and pa application.

Wish u luck.

nikhil1234

Apr 15, 2014
Thanks a lot for your reply. I have few more questions. How much time it takes to get the trv and owp for inland application? I also heard for outland application, although the processing time is mentioned 19 months on the site but it takes only 5-6 months actually. Is that so? Please reply.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Outland is usually much faster than inland, and will most likely be much faster than the posted times.
For her to apply inland, she has to get a TRV. To get one, she has to show proof of ties to India, such as a job and a letter from her boss giving her time off; property or a lease in her name; bank accounts; other investments; enrollment in school; relatives in India; a return ticket with a specific date; etc.
If she cannot get into Canada, she has to apply outland; if she can get into Canada, with a TRV or some other type of visa, then she can apply inland or outland. Really, outland is usually the better choice.