+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse ECA is needed?

cherryvintage

Aug 6, 2014
Hi All

I have few queries regarding ECA.

1. I have a query regarding my husband's ECA. In the EE profile, I will be the primary applicant and I am going to do the ECA for all my post secondary education certificates. However, I have a doubt if my husband's ECA also to be done or not while creating EE profile or can I update it later after creating a profile on my name?:-\ He has completed his B Com degree from India. Please shed some light on my query.

2. Another question is since I am out of my country, can I ask my husband to request the transcript of BSc. certificate from the university? BTW , I have done my BSc from Kerala University.

Many thx

makkap

Dec 17, 2014
1. If you have included husband education point in points calculation then yes, it's required. It's same case for me. I included my wife for calculation of FSW 67 points and her ECA is required.

2. Another question is since I am out of my country, can I ask my husband to request the transcript of BSc. certificate from the university? BTW , I have done my BSc from Kerala University.

Yes, he can get transcript. But he requires Authority Letter from you saying he your representative and allow him to send transcript. Also his ID proof copy is required for reference. As this might be different for different university, better you call to university and confirm.

- Mak