+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Does Not Have a Passport. What Next?

ITProf

Jul 7, 2015
Ok, here is a tricky situation. I was targeting end of October to submit my EE profile. I've even booked a IELTS exam this month. But there is a problem. I just found out that it will take at least 4 months for my spouse to get her passport.

So what should I do now? Should I go ahead and appear for IELTS, get my (and spouse's?) education assessment done and submit the EOI? Or should I wait until she gets her passport?

Also if I submit EOI now can I still include her in the application without her passport details? If not, can I include her later when she gets her passport?

Experts, please help!

AngelsPlayer

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
IELTS Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
ITProf said:
Ok, here is a tricky situation. I was targeting end of October to submit my EE profile. I've even booked a IELTS exam this month. But there is a problem. I just found out that it will take at least 4 months for my spouse to get her passport.

So what should I do now? Should I go ahead and appear for IELTS, get my (and spouse's?) education assessment done and submit the EOI? Or should I wait until she gets her passport?

Also if I submit EOI now can I still include her in the application without her passport details? If not, can I include her later when she gets her passport?

Experts, please help!

You can create EOI and for spouse you can mention any gov id# and later update with her new passport#
But if your spouse needs to write ielts she need a passport
for education assessment passport is not needed

ITProf

Jul 7, 2015
AngelsPlayer said:
You can create EOI and for spouse you can mention any gov id# and later update with her new passport#
But if your spouse needs to write ielts she need a passport
for education assessment passport is not needed
Thanks bud! This is exactly what I wanted to know.

One more question. Although unlikely, What if I receive an ITA before my spouse gets a passport. Will they wait?

AngelsPlayer

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
IELTS Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
ITProf said:
Thanks bud! This is exactly what I wanted to know.

One more question. Although unlikely, What if I receive an ITA before my spouse gets a passport. Will they wait?

Yes you have
You have 30 days for accepting a nomination
and 60 days for submitting full application
and in between these days you can edit your profile as well and add information

ITProf

Jul 7, 2015
AngelsPlayer said:
Yes you have
You have 30 days for accepting a nomination
and 60 days for submitting full application
and in between these days you can edit your profile as well and add information
You are a star!

Last question (I promise!). It's 30 days to accept nomination + 60 days to furnish all documents (so total 90 days) or 60 days for both?

AngelsPlayer

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
IELTS Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
ITProf said:
You are a star!

Last question (I promise!). It's 30 days to accept nomination + 60 days to furnish all documents (so total 90 days) or 60 days for both?
No Not like that

If you get a nomination from any province you have 30 days to accept it (you get additional 600 points)
After you accept the nomination from province you get Invitation to apply, and you get 60 days to submit the full application

But if you get direct invitation to apply you have only 60 days to submit

ITProf

Jul 7, 2015
AngelsPlayer said:
No Not like that

If you get a nomination from any province you have 30 days to accept it (you get additional 600 points)
After you accept the nomination from province you get Invitation to apply, and you get 60 days to submit the full application

But if you get direct invitation to apply you have only 60 days to submit
Cheers buddy.