+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Application

michael1965

Apr 24, 2018
is a spouse ensured a PR if applying or is it at the digression of the visa officer to allow a spouse to remain in Canada?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
is a spouse ensured a PR if applying or is it at the digression of the visa officer to allow a spouse to remain in Canada?
No the spouse will have to go through the process just like anyone else, no status is ensured just because of marriage.
What status does your spouse currently hold in Canada?

michael1965

Apr 24, 2018
I guess that is what I was looking for. I was not sure if a person had a right to PR following process, or it is still at the digression to grant. What factors would disqualify her from consideration or cause a visa officer to use their digression to deny?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
I guess that is what I was looking for. I was not sure if a person had a right to PR following process, or it is still at the digression to grant. What factors would disqualify her from consideration or cause a visa officer to use their digression to deny?
Essentially she is looked at just like any other visitor. She can be denied PR for several different factors, be it lack of relationship proofs, criminality, etc. Follow the checklist and make sure you provide them with all of the documents and proofs asked if you. If the marriage is genuine and she doesn't have any personal red flags, and you are approved to sponsor her, she should have no issues. Plan for the process to take around 12 months. This will mean extending her visitor visa before her 6 months is up (unless you are also applying for an OWP, which will grant her implied status if the application is not returned for being incomplete).

michael1965

Apr 24, 2018
Ok, how do I apply to extend her visa. She has been going back to China on a four month cycle. We can have her visitor visa extended? She has a six month multiple entry visa.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013