+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal vs Family class - coming to Canada

jezzicaaaaa

May 18, 2016
Hello,

My wife and I want to live here together in Canada. I am Canadian and she in Taiwanese. We recently just got married here in Ontario and decided that we wanted to start life here fresh, however looking at the immigration process is daunting. We understand the major differences between the Spousal and Family Class sponsorship however we are in need of some advice regarding application.

As she is Taiwanese she is visa exempt for up to 6 months. Our goal is to get her a job as soon as possible here, so she can start building her career and decide what path she wants to go down for work, however we also want to assure that there are no problems with her application, and risk her not being approved.

My questions are: If we decide to sponsor under the spousal class, would we be keeping her legal status in Canada via 'Visa-Run'? I live close to the US-Canada border, would this have any effect on our application? Or would we be constantly applying for extensions over the application period? She has an exit flight for this month and we were hoping to have her back as soon as possible, but we are wondering what kind of flight should she purchase.

If we decide to go through the family class, she would have to attend an interview in Taipei, which would mean she needs to fly back home possibly more than once. If we apply for the family class, she is also not eligible for a work permit, but the process could be significantly shorter.

Any advice and or experience on this would be appreciated as we are trying to plan out the next few months with the least economic cost. We really just want her to be able to come here as soon as possible and start working.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Post your question to the Family Class section of the forum. FYI - you should be referring to the two processes as "inland" (from within Canada) and "outland" (from outside of Canada).