+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal visit visa

dani007

Mar 28, 2014
Hi,
First I want to introduce myself. I came to Canada as an international student and completed my masters last year September. Then I got my PGWP in October last year and currently on my PGWP, working in Toronto, Ontario with a 2-year contract.

Now here is my situation, I got engaged this month Grin. So I need some suggestions here. I want to call my spouse initially as a temporary resident(either work or visit visa) and then when she is here, I want to fill express entry together. I got my masters degree from Quebec, Canada so I can't go for the provincial nomination. Can you guys suggest me with your own experiences that can it be done? If yes then on which visa should I bring her work or visit? If none is possible then which route should I take?

P.S: The members of this forum are awesome, they helped me a lot while filling up my student visa application and I hope a similar response now.

Thanks a lot

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
dani007 said:
Hi,
First I want to introduce myself. I came to Canada as an international student and completed my masters last year September. Then I got my PGWP in October last year and currently on my PGWP, working in Toronto, Ontario with a 2-year contract.

Now here is my situation, I got engaged this month Grin. So I need some suggestions here. I want to call my spouse initially as a temporary resident(either work or visit visa) and then when she is here, I want to fill express entry together. I got my masters degree from Quebec, Canada so I can't go for the provincial nomination. Can you guys suggest me with your own experiences that can it be done? If yes then on which visa should I bring her work or visit? If none is possible then which route should I take?

P.S: The members of this forum are awesome, they helped me a lot while filling up my student visa application and I hope a similar response now.

Thanks a lot

Are you married? if so then spousal open work permit is the way to go.

If you are not then it will be very hard to get her to Canada, as TRVs are not meant for what you are trying to do (get her to live with you).

Good luck.