+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Visa

candle

Mar 24, 2009
Hi,

I am moving back to Canada with my Irish husband very shortly. I am Canadian and have been living with him in Ireland for a few years now. We are looking at setting up our own business. Should we sort out all the necessary paperwork before we head over to Canada or can we simply do it once we arrive? From looking at the website it seems as though there is a lot involved, much more complicated than it was for me to work and live here in Ireland;). Also we would like to book a one-way flight, will this present a problem? Any advice or help you can give me would be much appreciated. We have been married for about 3 years now. We would be looking to get immigration services once we arrive as well if need be, as soon as May 2009. He wouldn't be able to work while we are setting up our business either would he?

Thank you kindly for your time and help with this matter!

Best Regards;
Candy A.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can start the paperwork from Ireland but then you'd have the added burden of proof that you are actually going to move to Canada when he gets PR. If you go to Canada on a one way ticket, with your husband as a tourist, there is a chance that your husband could be refused entry. Normally 2 way tickets are cheaper anyway or you can get one that is refundable if you don't use it. He would not be able to work until he gets the PR but maybe he could volunteer :)

candle

Mar 24, 2009
thanks for that, very useful. excuse my ignorance though but what does PR stand for in this context? i imagine we will book a 2-way flight, it's just i had managed to find a one-way for only €199, nice and cheap;).

candle

Mar 24, 2009
sorry i realize now it means permanent resident application, my apologies just starting out with this and not that up on the acronyms as of yet;)...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PR means Permanent Resident or Permanent Residency depending on the context.