+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

apu19

Aug 19, 2024
I have applied for PR on 18th of may, 2024. My wife is a PR of Canada and she has sponsored me. She got AOR email on 12th of june, 2024. Later i applied for extension of staying on 16th of july, 2024 as currently i am staying in Canada on visitor visa. I have also applied for OWP on 11th of August, 2024. I have completed my medical on 6th of August to apply for OWP. So right now, my 3 applications are under processing. I didn't hear anything from IRCC till yesterday. I got an email this morning on the behalf of my extension of staying application that my biometric is still valid and no need to do any further biometric. But i am worrying about my PR application. They haven't requested me for any medical exam, though i did my upfront medical exam to apply for OWP. Should i worry about it or is normal? I am awaiting for valuable discussion.
Thank you

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
I have applied for PR on 18th of may, 2024. My wife is a PR of Canada and she has sponsored me. She got AOR email on 12th of june, 2024. Later i applied for extension of staying on 16th of july, 2024 as currently i am staying in Canada on visitor visa. I have also applied for OWP on 11th of August, 2024. I have completed my medical on 6th of August to apply for OWP. So right now, my 3 applications are under processing. I didn't hear anything from IRCC till yesterday. I got an email this morning on the behalf of my extension of staying application that my biometric is still valid and no need to do any further biometric. But i am worrying about my PR application. They haven't requested me for any medical exam, though i did my upfront medical exam to apply for OWP. Should i worry about it or is normal? I am awaiting for valuable discussion.
Thank you
Hi. For biometrics, for Permanent Residence, you would have to do it again. You should get an email and instructions about it: https://www.canadavisa.com/visiting-canada-biometrics.html#:~:text=The Government of Canada says,residence (provided they do not

I had a medical exam when I applied for a visitor record ( 2 months before I applied for PR inland) and I sent my IME# and the information that I did had the exam already on the PR web form. My medical check was then updated as completed on my PR application after 3 days of doing that. I wonder if it would be the same for your case? Could a medical exam from OWP be used for PR? You might want to find more information, if yes, then you might be able to send your IME# to webform or wait until it is automatically updated on the PR application - it might take time (I heard some people who did medical exams from visitor records got the medical exam for PR completed automatically - but not my case)

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
I did upfront medical test. May i know the name of your medical test?
Apologies but I am not quite sure what you mean by "medical test". I went to a Panel Physician in Toronto and I was requested to do that when I applied for a visitor record (extension of my stay in Canada)

apu19

Aug 19, 2024
Actually i didn't receive any medical request from the IRCC for extension of staying. I did upfront medical exam from a panel physician to apply for OWP. That's why i just want to know, when IRCC will ask me to do medical exam regarding my PR, can I upload my existing IME# or not

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Actually i didn't receive any medical request from the IRCC for extension of staying. I did upfront medical exam from a panel physician to apply for OWP. That's why i just want to know, when IRCC will ask me to do medical exam regarding my PR, can I upload my existing IME# or not
They haven't asked for medical request for visitor record because they might be using your medical check from OWP for that

Options.

1. I think you can just send a web form with your IME# and don't need to wait for them to request your medical check for PR - that is what I did and the status got updated as completed within 3 days on my PR application
2.1. Wait until you get a request for medical and send the IME# and let them know that you had done the exam before - I don't know if they will request your medical exam though if the one you did for OWP can be used - if that makes sense
2.2 Wait until your medical check is completed as IRCC might use the medical result that you did for OWP for PR as well

I hope it makes sense

apu19

Aug 19, 2024
Thank you so much for your ideas. I will wait till they request me for medical exam. Then i will send them a web form with my IME#. I think it will work well

Reactions: Charlamanderxxxx

medmatal

Aug 21, 2024
Hi, I am Mohamed from Tunisia. A week ago, I submitted my spouse application online to join my Canadian wife who works for the Canadian government and provided her employment letter as proof of her ability to support me. After submitting the application, I found online that I need to submit a Notice of Assessment for my wife. Does this mean that the application will be returned without approval or not? And is there a way to add this document to the application because after submitting the application I cannot change anything in the online application? I appreciate your patience in reading my message and I hope you can respond and help me. Thank you.

apu19

Aug 19, 2024
You will have to attach that by the web form. It's a requirement. Otherwise the application could be returned.

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Hi, I am Mohamed from Tunisia. A week ago, I submitted my spouse application online to join my Canadian wife who works for the Canadian government and provided her employment letter as proof of her ability to support me. After submitting the application, I found online that I need to submit a Notice of Assessment for my wife. Does this mean that the application will be returned without approval or not? And is there a way to add this document to the application because after submitting the application I cannot change anything in the online application? I appreciate your patience in reading my message and I hope you can respond and help me. Thank you.
I agree with @apu19, try to send the webform with information and the Notice of Assessment. You might be able to submit it on time before they return it.