+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

Moeni

Feb 14, 2018
Hello everyone ,
Please I have a question, I applied to sponsor my spouse after I got my right of permanent residence through the healthcare program, the application was received in July and I got a AOR in September stating that they received the application in July and they started the process on d 3rd of September.
But this month, I decided to check ECAS and saw under the SPONSORSHIP APPLICANT STATUS it's showing DECISION MADE while under the THE PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICATION STATUS: it's showing in Process.
Please what does this mean as I have not received any correspondence from them as regard their decision on the Sponsorship Status.
Please anyone with what this could mean?
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone ,
Please I have a question, I applied to sponsor my spouse after I got my right of permanent residence through the healthcare program, the application was received in July and I got a AOR in September stating that they received the application in July and they started the process on d 3rd of September.
But this month, I decided to check ECAS and saw under the SPONSORSHIP APPLICANT STATUS it's showing DECISION MADE while under the THE PERMANENT RESIDENCE APPLICATION STATUS: it's showing in Process.
Please what does this mean as I have not received any correspondence from them as regard their decision on the Sponsorship Status.
Please anyone with what this could mean?
Thank you
It means that you have been approved as a sponsor. The rest of the application processing is still oustanding.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If you have provided them with your email ( as sponsor), you should have received communication from them.
Check your junk mail folder. Usually sponsor gets AOR and DM emails. But not sure if ECAS is the way they choose to "communicate" instead.