+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

edacaret

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hello everyone

I live in Guatemala and married (3 kids) to a Canadian Citizen. We would like to go live in Canada (Calgary) and that is why we´re gonna enter the process of spousal sponsorship. I have a question, when submitting all the paperwork, documents, I understand you also need to send information on my wifes finanancial situation, meaning she has to prove she has enough money to sponsor. Does this mean if we have everything under my name (bank accounts, cars, etc) that I should immediately at least some things put it under her name so she proves do be fine financially? Is that right?
thank you hope someone can answer me this

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it does not have to be under your wife's name.

To be sponsor, she does not prove her financial status, but she may need to present how she would support you and your kids while processing sponsorship: bank saving, any asset etc.

:if you would stay in Canada to get PR, obviously you cannot work.
Then your wife present some saving and financial plan till you get PR .
you can send balance of saving on you/ your wife account, asset under your name ( show you also contribute some financial support) etc.

Good luck

edacaret

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Thank you forma The información so this means since we're doing outland that presentin bank accounts and financial information under muy name is fine right?