+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship

canadabanf

Dec 25, 2009
hy guys

Is it ok if we submit a outside canada spousal sponsorship application altough I would be in canada at that time on a tourist visa and come to my country around the time passport request should arrive?

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
Yes... It is okay to be in Canada and submit a outland application. You can do a medical in Canada and apply for your police check. If you resided in Canada for longer than 6 consecutive months make sure to do a Police check in Canada as well (or any other country).

Depending on which embassy you may have to submit Original Documents (original birth paper, original marriage certif etc - you should be able to courier these) as well as ask to bring in Passport and pick passport up with visa attached or even have a interview which will be held at the embassy you are applying through.

Good Luck.

crizzy

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Yes... It is okay to be in Canada and submit a outland application. You can do a medical in Canada and apply for your police check. If you resided in Canada for longer than 6 consecutive months make sure to do a Police check in Canada as well (or any other country).

Depending on which embassy you may have to submit Original Documents (original birth paper, original marriage certif etc - you should be able to courier these) as well as ask to bring in Passport and pick passport up with visa attached or even have a interview which will be held at the embassy you are applying through.

Good Luck.

Hi Kc416, Hope you can help on this.

Currently, im waiting for my visa to Manitoba. My Fiance will go there after 6 months of my stay as PR. Our plan is to get married and file his application inland. Our initial plan is for him to apply for TRV. Can he look for work and apply for working visa while in TRV? or if not what is the best option to explore. Our objective is to reunite in Canada the soonest.

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kc416 said:

Good Luck.
No, that is incorrect. You do not need to submit a police clearance for Canada as they will do their own background check through the RCMP and only in exceptional circumstances will they ask you to do this. But you do need a PCC from any other country that you lived in for 6 months or more. Most visa offices do not require that you bring your passport in person, in fact many do not even let you do this. But if you are called for an interview, you will need to attend the interview at the visa office responsible for your country.

kc416

Nov 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2009
Doc's Request.
25-06-2009
AOR Received.
08-06-2009
Passport Req..
21-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2009
LANDED..........
03-11-2009
hmmmm...i guess i may be incorrect ;D

i guess depending on what embassy because the embassy we went through asks people to get police certificate from Canada including fingerprints (we must be exceptional lol 8)). each case is different so its hard to assume that any rule is standard or general. It is good to know that some embassies have the ability to do it on their own...it sure adds time on our timelines wish it was a rule across the board.

our embassy specifially calls and asks you to bring in original documents and passport and tells us what days / hours to come - i did how ever opt to courier our original documents (and had my fingers and toes crossed for weeks that it arrived - the tracking system was down the whole time on-line go figure)... you could probably courier the passport too.. if you are comfortable with that. but when the courier and mail system is 99% unreliable like our country we do it ourselves since we all know if you want something done right you do it yourself- especially when it comes to the passport!

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kc416 said:
hmmmm...i guess i may be incorrect ;D

i guess depending on what embassy because the embassy we went through asks people to get police certificate from Canada including fingerprints (we must be exceptional lol 8)). each case is different so its hard to assume that any rule is standard or general. It is good to know that some embassies have the ability to do it on their own...it sure adds time on our timelines wish it was a rule across the board.

our embassy specifially calls and asks you to bring in original documents and passport and tells us what days / hours to come - i did how ever opt to courier our original documents (and had my fingers and toes crossed for weeks that it arrived - the tracking system was down the whole time on-line go figure)... you could probably courier the passport too.. if you are comfortable with that. but when the courier and mail system is 99% unreliable like our country we do it ourselves since we all know if you want something done right you do it yourself- especially when it comes to the passport!
What visa office are you talking about??

Regarding getting a police clearance for Canada, you can check the info on the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/canada.asp