+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spousal sponsorship

skarnwal

Jun 10, 2015
Dear All,
I am IT Proeffsional and currently working as program manager in Software firm. Having around 16+ years of experience.My wife is a canadian citizen and statying with me in Bangalore, India (married since last 15 years).We are thinking of migrating to Canada under Family sponsorship class where she can sponser me. While filling sponsorship/immigration forms I have few queries.

1. While filling sponsorship/immigration forms, financial resources of sponsor (for last 12th months or so) are asked. As in my case, my wife is sponsor but she is a housewife and does not has any financial income as dependent on me. Therefore what details or document she should provide in that case. She has few properties in her name. Shall we provide details of these properties as financial proof. Please guide.

Regards
Sandeep

kickb

Jul 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2013
Doc's Request.
22-03-2014(PCC, Medicals & RPRF) 21-05-2014(Proof of Communication), Feb 10, 2015 background info(updated)
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2014
Med's Request
22-03-2014, Mar 05, 2015(Re-medicals)
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
Inprocess - Nov 07, 2014, Dec. Made: Jul 03, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jun 29, 2015
skarnwal said:
Dear All,
I am IT Proeffsional and currently working as program manager in Software firm. Having around 16+ years of experience.My wife is a canadian citizen and statying with me in Bangalore, India (married since last 15 years).We are thinking of migrating to Canada under Family sponsorship class where she can sponser me. While filling sponsorship/immigration forms I have few queries.

1. While filling sponsorship/immigration forms, financial resources of sponsor (for last 12th months or so) are asked. As in my case, my wife is sponsor but she is a housewife and does not has any financial income as dependent on me. Therefore what details or document she should provide in that case. She has few properties in her name. Shall we provide details of these properties as financial proof. Please guide.

Regards
Sandeep

There is no requirement of financial documents for the spousal sponsorship and as your wife is not working it is not requried. But you need to prove your intention to settle in canada to get your visa approved.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
When the sponsor has no income, it is a good idea to include a letter explaining your plans once you get to Canada: where you will live, how you will support yourselves, etc. Therefore you should include proof of any savings or property the sponsor has, and also explain that it is the applicant that is the breadwinner in the family, showing proof of your salary, savings, and property.

skarnwal

Jun 10, 2015
Thanks Guys, for letting me know.

How can I show my intention on paper to settle in canada? As suggested by one respondent explaining my plan on paper, will it help?

Thanks