+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

hello2000

Feb 24, 2013
hello frens..

i am a canadian permanent resident since july 2013. I am still single and lives in one of Scandevian countries with my girl friends.. we are thinking to marry soon and move to Canada. But if my girl friend gets pregnant before marriage and visa application what will be the consequences?? how can i proceed with my wife's visa application as a spousal sponsorship??
I will be pleased if somebody responds/ shares opinions on my query. Thanking u in adavance

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
hello2000 said:
hello frens..

i am a canadian permanent resident since july 2013. I am still single and lives in one of Scandevian countries with my girl friends.. we are thinking to marry soon and move to Canada. But if my girl friend gets pregnant before marriage and visa application what will be the consequences?? how can i proceed with my wife's visa application as a spousal sponsorship??
I will be pleased if somebody responds/ shares opinions on my query. Thanking u in adavance
First off, as a PR you must be residing in Canada to send the application, and must stay in Canada during the processing. So if you want to stay with your spouse during pregnancy/birth then she will need to come to Canada as a visitor. While in Canada she most likely won't have health insurance (only possibly if you live in Alberta) so you will need to be prepared to pay for the entire delivery yourself.

Also if she's pregnant, she can't complete the x-ray portion of the medical exam. So you could get a partial medical done, and submit the application. They would approve you as sponsor and start on applicant processing, but then they would put the application on hold until the baby is born and your spouse can finish the x-rays.