+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship while Marriage and divorced and remarriage out of canada

MathieuS

Jul 13, 2021
Hello
Please look at these details and give your idea about my question in the end, please!

Married 2005 abroad
Immigration to canada 2015
Separation 2020
Citizenship ( me and ex-wife and our 12 years old son ) 2021
Foreign divorce of ex-wife ( same country as marriage) dec 2023
Foreign ReMarriage ( juin 2023)
Start sponsorship of new wife July 2023
Receiving AOR November 2023
Documents has been sent for CSQ Quebec mai 2024.
The foreign divorce has not yet recognized in quebec.

Not recognizing the foreign divorce in Quebec ( just foreign divorce legal documents has been sent) can lead the rejection of sponsorship of my new wife and her 22 years old daughter? ( she ( my daughter’s wife) will lose the eligibility to be added to her mother sponsorship application if the application rejects for any reason to be completed in future application ).

we live in Quebec

What do you think about the possibility of approval of CSQ or conditional approval of the sponsorship application until receiving the recognition of the foreign divorce.

my condition as sponsor have been already approved while receiving AOR also 6 mon

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello
Please look at these details and give your idea about my question in the end, please!

Married 2005 abroad
Immigration to canada 2015
Separation 2020
Citizenship ( me and ex-wife and our 12 years old son ) 2021
Start sponsorship of new wife July 2023
Receiving AOR November 2023
Documents has been sent for CSQ Quebec mai 2024.
The foreign divorce has not yet recognized in quebec.

Not recognizing the foreign divorce in Quebec ( just foreign divorce legal documents has been sent) can lead the rejection of sponsorship of my new wife and her 22 years old daughter? ( she ( my daughter’s wife) will lose the eligibility to be added to her mother sponsorship application if the application rejects for any reason to be completed in future application ).

we live in Quebec

What do you think about the possibility of approval of CSQ or conditional approval of the sponsorship application until receiving the recognition of the foreign divorce.

my condition as sponsor have been already approved while receiving AOR also 6 mon
So you remarried in June 2023 but weren't divorced until Dec 2023? If so, Canada will not recognize your marriage. Or is the December year wrong?

When did the daughter turn 22?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Not recognizing the foreign divorce in Quebec ( just foreign divorce legal documents has been sent) can lead the rejection of sponsorship of my new wife and her 22 years old daughter?
As far as I'm aware there is no general process for 'recognition of foreign divorce' in Quebec or indeed anywhere in Canada.* The only process is for IRCC to accept your current marriage as valid. There is no reason to believe it won't be valid IF you got validly divorced before you got remarried (i.e. assuming your divorce date was not dec 2023 as you first wrote but before june 2022).

Not much anyone can say about the likelihood of your case being rejected otherwise.

* No 'general' process in that you can only ask a court or administrative body about the divorce if you are asking a specific question within the competency of that body, eg a body that gives marriage licenses will ask for documents to show you are divorced and they decide whether what you presented is sufficient to be issued a marriage license. But that decision is only valid for the 'issue a marriage license now' request.