+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship + Wedding invitation

Zapajd

Dec 5, 2021
I’m starting to put together the application to sponsor my wife. She is in Ecuador. Outland. On another note, my friend is getting married on July and invited my wife and I to attend.
I heard my friend can write a proper invitation that would allow her to come as visitor for the wedding.
I would like to know if while the Sponsorship Application is being reviewed, she is allowed into Canada to attend the wedding? And if she can, for how long?Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’m starting to put together the application to sponsor my wife. She is in Ecuador. Outland. On another note, my friend is getting married on July and invited my wife and I to attend.
I heard my friend can write a proper invitation that would allow her to come as visitor for the wedding.
I would like to know if while the Sponsorship Application is being reviewed, she is allowed into Canada to attend the wedding? And if she can, for how long?Thanks in advance.
She can certainly apply for the TRV but no guarantee it will be approved. Generally speaking, it's more difficult to get a TRV approved if you have a Canadian spouse since IRCC often suspects the person has plans on remaining in Canada long term. To be approved, she should show strong ties to her home country such as employment, property and assets. It's also good if she has previous travel to countries requiring visas such as the US or UK.

IMO it makes a lot more sense for you to invite her as her spouse rather than her friend who is having the wedding. IMO it's sort of odd for her friend to send the invitation (unless you are including an invitation from yourself as well).

How long she is allowed to visit Canada is determined by CBSA when she arrives. Generally visitors are given six months.