+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship VS express entry

Irina_ua

Sep 4, 2019
Hey guys. I need your advise.
I created my express entry profile in September 2019, my score was 455. I couldn’t make it, so me and my boyfriend got married. We applied for spousal sponsorship in March but haven’t got confirmation from government. Today I received an ITA for express entry and now I confused and don’t know what to do. Should I withdraw my sponsorship application and continue with express entry or live it as is. The government’s website says they return money if they haven’t started working on it, so I still can do that.
Which program is better and faster in your opinion?
I’ve already done my WES for express entry

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I created my express entry profile in September 2019, my score was 455. I couldn’t make it, so me and my boyfriend got married. We applied for spousal sponsorship in March but haven’t got confirmation from government. Today I received an ITA for express entry and now I confused and don’t know what to do. Should I withdraw my sponsorship application and continue with express entry or live it as is. The government’s website says they return money if they haven’t started working on it, so I still can do that.
Not a question anyone can answer at this point, as no one can even guess what processing times are going to be for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Helloo did u found answer to this question? Can we apply two application at same time ?

Irina_ua

Sep 4, 2019
Send a web form and they will follow up with you and tell you where to send an actual letter. I don’t remember exactly how long I waited, around a month or two

Oct 21, 2020
What did you do finally? Did you proceed with express entry or spousal?