+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Tax - Option C requirement

austin_c1

Feb 23, 2018
Hello I was having trouble understanding if it is required for me to submit my most recent tax assessment for my spousal sponsorship application (inland no dependents) ? I haven't done my taxes for a few years due to student loan issues. I do Work, but haven't done my taxes.

Any Help would be appreciated !

lea1113

Star Member
Dec 10, 2016
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
As far as I'm aware, it is required. Its on the document checklist but anything you can't provide needs to be explained as to why you can't provide it.

But of course you can see if anyone else that has more experts can advise you better haha.

J_Petunia

Aug 3, 2017
My husband is sponsoring me and somehow we (and our attorney!) missed this requirement in our application. Cic informed us of this 3 months after we applied. They then had to start the review process over, so it essentially delayed us 3 months. I would definitely keep checking on how best to handle this in your particular situation of not having filed taxes in previous years.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello I was having trouble understanding if it is required for me to submit my most recent tax assessment for my spousal sponsorship application (inland no dependents) ? I haven't done my taxes for a few years due to student loan issues. I do Work, but haven't done my taxes.

Any Help would be appreciated !
Yes, you need to submit an NOA. File your taxes.