+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship-supporting info/Income

milkkomang

Jul 28, 2017
Hi, I am in the process of applying for spousal sponsorship for my husband.
I have 2 questions if anyone is able to answer, as I wasn't able to reach any live agents on the phone.

1. Relationship information and Sponsorship Evaluation (IMM 5532)

pg 6 question 11
-Is there more information you wish to share to support your relationship?

How much details should it have? how much is sufficient ?

So far I just wrote a few sentences about how long we knew each other, how often we visited each other, where/when the proposal was, our wedding date, the fact that our parents kept in touch for the long time, etc.

I don't want to write too much that won't be necessary, but I don't want to leave out any important information too.

2. I am the sponsor but because I had to relocate to be with my spouse, I am currently looking for a job, and my spouse whom I am sponsoring is providing the income at the moment . (He has work permit)

will this have an affect on the application if the sponsor (Me) doesn't have income at the moment?
I applied for Employment Insurance to help me until I land a job in the new city I moved to. (As far as I know, EI is not considered assistance from gov't)

Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

KandyK

Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
13-03-2017
Doc's Request.
O4-04-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
File Transfer...
05/10/2017
Med's Request
19/07/2017
Med's Done....
03/08/2017
LANDED..........
10/19/2017
1. You can just give a summary of your life. How much you guys are in love. Your future plans together bla bla bla make it short but sweet. Thats a smart way to sell yourself. I did something similar. I did fill up the entire space for that question.

2. You do not need to be working to sponsor. But you do need to explain how you plan on supporting your self . Thats good that the applicant is working.

EI is not considered assistance.

Assistance would be welfare.