+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Questions

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Hi, I have a few questions about spousal sponsorship that I haven't been able to find answers to.

I'm a New Zealander and my partner is a Canadian citizen (Quebec born). We are currently in NZ and about to start the sponsorship process for me for Canada.

We are wanting to move to Montreal next year so looking at going through the Quebec sponsorship process. It seems like this is maybe a slightly longer/trickier process and more costly but worth it if we are wanting to play by the rules and live it Quebec. My understanding with the federal sponsorship, though, is that we could also do that and fly into somewhere like Toronto and then make our way to Montreal?

I'm also unsure about what fees we have to pay for the Quebec sponsorship. We are about to send off the sponsor application to approve her as my sponsor and receive a CSQ. The fees I can see are
Sponsorship fee $75
Principal applicant processing fee $475
Right of permanent residence fee $475

Quebec processing fee $277

Do we have to pay the principal applicant processing fee since we are not doing the federal application?

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated =)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jack150 said:
We are wanting to move to Montreal next year so looking at going through the Quebec sponsorship process. It seems like this is maybe a slightly longer/trickier process and more costly but worth it if we are wanting to play by the rules and live it Quebec. My understanding with the federal sponsorship, though, is that we could also do that and fly into somewhere like Toronto and then make our way to Montreal?

I'm also unsure about what fees we have to pay for the Quebec sponsorship. We are about to send off the sponsor application to approve her as my sponsor and receive a CSQ. The fees I can see are
Sponsorship fee $75
Principal applicant processing fee $475
Right of permanent residence fee $475

Quebec processing fee $277

Do we have to pay the principal applicant processing fee since we are not doing the federal application?
Um, you may want to read the immigration website again, as you seem to be a bit confused.

The federal application is the ONLY way to sponsor a spouse. For those living in or moving to Quebec, that province requires the additional step of getting a CSQ. This does not change the fact that you must still go through the entire federal sponsorship process.

You must submit the federal application and receive sponsor approval before you can apply for a CSQ.

The RPRF is $490, not $475.

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
Really??

I have been going off the Immigration Quebec website which lists these steps:

Submit a sponsorship application to the Government of Canada
Submit an undertaking application to the Government of Québec
Ask the person you are sponsoring to complete certain procedures, namely, applying for a Québec Selection Certificate and permanent residence.

I thought this process meant that we only submit the federal Application to Sponsor/Sponsorship Evaluation (not the full federal application), and then the relevant application forms from Immigration Quebec?

masouleht

Star Member
Apr 8, 2017
I have a question if anybody can help me.
I came to Canada January 2016 as visitor with 5 Years multiple visa and I got married in July 2016 to a girl that we knew each other for 10 years from back home.We went to Cuba in July 2016?and I came back to Canada again.
I submitted my spouse sponsorship inland with OWP in August 2016 and file # september 2016.
In October I received a letter for my OWP regarding insufficient fund.
I paid correct fee again and every time calling they were saying that takes 4 months and I should wait,
In March I called again and they asked me to apply for restoration.They said they need to know my status in Canada.
I sent restoration with $200 fee again and all supporting documents.
Nothing yet,
Do I need to wait another 4 months?
I have been told that because I applied for OWP with sponsorship at the same time before 6 months my status
expires I don't need to.
But they said in March that I had to.e

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
jack150 said:
I have been going off the Immigration Quebec website which lists these steps:

Submit a sponsorship application to the Government of Canada
Submit an undertaking application to the Government of Québec
Ask the person you are sponsoring to complete certain procedures, namely, applying for a Québec Selection Certificate and permanent residence.

I thought this process meant that we only submit the federal Application to Sponsor/Sponsorship Evaluation (not the full federal application), and then the relevant application forms from Immigration Quebec?
Sponsorship application = the whole federal app.

Start here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp.

bharucha

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
BRAMPTON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
App. Filed.......
13-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-03-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
29-03-2018
Med's Done....
12-04-2018
Hi All,

I have not applied yet for spouse sponsorship but it's going to be very soon. I'm getting married in December in India, and I want to bring my wife with me once I get married.
I just been there and get the small ceremony similar to engagement but not the real engagement.

Can anyone please suggest me the right way to doing that?

Thanks in Advance.