+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship questions

olevar

Mar 20, 2014
I'd like to sponsor my wife who currently resides in the u.s. I'm well aware that the lico is waived for spousal sponsorship although I'm still not quite sure on some of the other requirements if I qualify or not.

The requirement would be providing shelter for her but considering I still live with my parents, I'm indirectly providing it for her. Would this be an issue?

And to double check, I do have a full time job which doesn't have the greatast wage, but I'd still qualify right?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If you still live with your parents, consider including a cover letter explaining this and your plans for supporting yourselves when she moves. Will your parents provide accomodation for you guys until y'all are able to live on your own? If so, ask your parents for a signed letter stating this.

There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor your spouse, so a job and letter from your employer should be fine as well as all other documents on the checklist. Include proof of any savings you have.

olevar

Mar 20, 2014
SenoritaBella said:
If you still live with your parents, consider including a cover letter explaining this and your plans for supporting yourselves when she moves. Will your parents provide accomodation for you guys until y'all are able to live on your own? If so, ask your parents for a signed letter stating this.

There is no minimum income requirement to sponsor your spouse, so a job and letter from your employer should be fine as well as all other documents on the checklist. Include proof of any savings you have.
What's the probability of my application being accepted? I definitely do plan on supporting my wife as much as I can without my parents help excluding the roof factor. But they are actually more than willing to help if needed.

Is providing proof of savings required or just something that would look better on the application?

M

mikeymyke

olevar said:
What's the probability of my application being accepted? I definitely do plan on supporting my wife as much as I can without my parents help excluding the roof factor. But they are actually more than willing to help if needed.

Is providing proof of savings required or just something that would look better on the application?
Probability of your application being accepted largely depends on the genuiness of your relationship

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I can't say for sure the probability of your application being accepted. There are two stages:

stage 1(for the sponsor) - generally, if no have no issues(i.e. criminal record, on welfare, etc) and meet all eligibilty requirements, you should be approved to sponsor your spouse.

stage 2 (for sponsored spouse) - this is the part where they assess the genuineness of the relationship by assessing the evidence (photos, letters, relationship, etc). Sometimes they request an interview. If they are satisfied it's genuine, your spouse will be approved for PR.

Proof of savings is not required. It's just something nice to add if you have it. Otherwise, not a problem.

olevar said: