+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Outland (UK) - advice needed please!

maggs8247

Jan 8, 2016
Hello and thanks in advance for any help you can give!

After 10 years in the UK it's time to go back home to Canada. My husband is British and we've submitted an outland sponsorship application, and I have now received sponsorship approval. We've also submitted requests for Canadian Citizenship for 3 daughters who were born in the UK (as I understand they're automatically citizens having been born to a Canadian-born parent).

With my aging mother being unwell and on her own we need to emigrate a lot sooner than we'd expected to be there for her. Apparently it takes 29 months from the UK at the moment; we hope it will be a lot less as it's a pretty straightforward application, but you can never be sure!

Is it possible for us to go to Canada while we're waiting for the application to be processed? My husband wouldn't be working, he'll be staying at home with the kids and I'll be working (HR Director) so he wouldn't need a working visa.

Any help / advice greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maggs8247 said:
Hello

My husband is British and we've submitted an outland sponsorship application (in October). We've also submitted requests for Canadian Citizenship for 3 daughters who were born in the UK. We'd always wanted to move back to Canada but with my mother being unwell we need to go a lot sooner than we'd expected (we'd been planning on 2017). Since applying we realise that the process takes up to 29 months and we want to be there by the summer time to be there for my mom and to get our girls settled in before our eldest would start school in September. :eek:

Is it possible for us to go to Canada and wait there? My husband wouldn't be working, he'll be staying at home with the kids and I'll be working (HR Director) so he wouldn't need a working visa.

Any help / advice greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Your husband , as UK citizen is visa exempt and can stay in Canada as a visitor during the time your application is processing. Also the good news are that outland applications for UK citizens processed much faster than rest of applications in London VO. You should expect 6-12 months for the process to take at the most.