+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship no update

Nonameuser

Mar 15, 2017
Hi Members,

I'm in Canada and my wife is in Pakistan. I applied for my wife sponsership in April 2016. Application was received in May, and started in August. We received an email in November for additional documents. We sent additional pictures and documents to UK office as requested. Since then there is no update and when we check it online. Just shows application is IN PROCESS or when we login to my account, it shows "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Also doesnt show if they are reviewing additional documents, only shows "Not applicable"

Please suggest what should we do as it's been a long time without any update. Should I contact the Visa officer who asked for addition information through email?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Nonameuser said:
Hi Members,

I'm in Canada and my wife is in Pakistan. I applied for my wife sponsership in April 2016. Application was received in May, and started in August. We received an email in November for additional documents. We sent additional pictures and documents to UK office as requested. Since then there is no update and when we check it online. Just shows application is IN PROCESS or when we login to my account, it shows "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." Also doesnt show if they are reviewing additional documents, only shows "Not applicable"

Please suggest what should we do as it's been a long time without any update. Should I contact the Visa officer who asked for addition information through email?
You can try calling IRCC to know if they received your documents and if there is anything missing. You can also order your GCMS notes (although it will take 30 days to get them), this will allow you to see if there is anything wrong. But a lot of people go for a long time with no updates on their application, so don't over stress.