+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship Medical

Thomnark2

Aug 16, 2021
I have started the visitor visa process for my spouse and in the next 2 months, I will start the PR process as well.
If I get medical done for a visitor visa, Can I use the same medical for Spousal sponsorship as well? I read on CIC portal that medical has to be done separately in the Sponsorship process? Can we get 2 medicals done? Any suggestions please?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
I have started the visitor visa process for my spouse and in the next 2 months, I will start the PR process as well.
If I get medical done for a visitor visa, Can I use the same medical for Spousal sponsorship as well? I read on CIC portal that medical has to be done separately in the Sponsorship process? Can we get 2 medicals done? Any suggestions please?
You can certainly try using it again. But if I’m not mistaken they will want a new one.

nedvert

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
It would seem to be tricky since IRCC asks for your medical and then when you do it it's automatically uploaded to IRCC via St Lukes Medical Extension Clinic, you don't provide it. (At least that's what happened for us, outbound, Philippines.) For PR anyway. I suppose it could be different in other scenarios or circumstances.

You could "try" to contact IRCC and find out though one thing I observed is the medicals are overpriced/business oriented and subjective so you will probably get shut down.

Last edited:

Thomnark2

Aug 16, 2021
I have seen in the physician's office that they do medical tests only once a year. That's why i need to get it done in a way it shouldn't create any issues :)

nedvert

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
I have seen in the physician's office that they do medical tests only once a year. That's why i need to get it done in a way it shouldn't create any issues :)
Yeah my advice is try to talk to them and perhaps contact IRCC to see if you can work something out.