+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - inside canada

Guilasanne

Dec 27, 2023
Hi, my husband is a Permanent Resident in canada and currently inside canada. we are now planning to submit our spousal sponsorship in January 2024. But i am currently 6months pregnant and will give birth to our baby in March 2024 here in canada.
Will it affect my application? Also do i need to inform IRCC that i am currently pregnant? If yes, how will i inform them? Do i need to submit proof of our pregnancy? Does it help in proving the genuine-ness of our relationship?
Looking forward in hearing your responses. Thank you very much

Lihei

Star Member
Dec 27, 2023
Hi, my husband is a Permanent Resident in canada and currently inside canada. we are now planning to submit our spousal sponsorship in January 2024. But i am currently 6months pregnant and will give birth to our baby in March 2024 here in canada.
Will it affect my application? Also do i need to inform IRCC that i am currently pregnant? If yes, how will i inform them? Do i need to submit proof of our pregnancy? Does it help in proving the genuine-ness of our relationship?
There is a section in the Relationship evaluation form where they ask if you are pregnant. You can give details about your pregnancy there.

colgate1

Star Member
Jul 1, 2023
Congratulations on your pregnancy.

One of the forms asks you if you are pregnant.

Either send a photo of yourself and your husband together showing you are pregnant or just attach a copy of one the ultrasound reports.

Good luck with the pregnancy.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you currently in Canada where do you or your spouse live? You may not qualify for provincial medical coverage depending on the province. Do you already have a TRV or are you from a visa exempt country? If you don’t qualify for healthcare will you be able to show that you have 10-15k+ to pay out of pocket? The ability to pay for medical care can determine whether you gain entry to Canada as a visitor. Pregnancy can lead to delay in processing spousal sponsorship because many do no want to do a chest x-ray until after the baby is born. In general if you arrive in Canada pregnant you can be asked how you will afford to get medical care and give birth in Canada if you do not qualify for provincial health coverage. Being pregnant does not speed up processing or guarantee approval of sponsorship applications. TRVs for sponsored spouse are much easier to obtain than it used to be but TRVs are not guaranteed and could take multiple months so that could also be an issue depending on whether you already have a TRV or whether you qualify for ETA.