+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship (Inland) - Form questions

ilya.can.visa

Jul 15, 2018
Hi all,

I have a few questions on the documents & forms for spousal sponsorship, which the basic nor the detailed guides do not provide exhaustive information for:

1. Generic Application Form (imm0008)
    • Question 10: We put Country as "Canada", Status as "Visitor". What are the dates "From", "To" supposed to contain? The dates of current visit (my wife visited Canada multiple times already), e.g. came on such date to Canada, until which date? Since we are applying for permanent residence, the "To" date is unknown and "irrelevant"
    • National Identity Document: is this the same as Passport?
  2. Additional Dependents / Declaration Form
    • Does this form need to be submitted at all if there are no dependents on either side?
  3. Schedule A Background / Declaration Form
    • If only father's name is known for my wife, but no other information, is it better to say "Unknown" for the entire father section?
    • For "Given name(s)", do we need to put just the first name or also the middle name?
    • Personal History section: is this about occupation / job history only or is it also about ANY travel, including honeymoon, 2-3 day trips to country? For example, if my wife visited me in Canada several times, should that be listed as "Unemployed" and job activity title, position should say "Visiting spouse"?
    • Is this form need to be filled out by the sponsor (myself) too? (e.g. it says in the beginning that the principal applicant, their spouse or common law partner (if applicable), and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form.)
  4. Additional Family Information Form
    • Section C: Does this include cousins? (e.g. sons / daughters of uncle / aunt)
    • Is this form need to be filled out by the sponsor (myself) too? (e.g. it says in the beginning that the principal applicant, their spouse or common law partner (if applicable), and all dependent children 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form.)

Thanks in advance for your help.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Although I can't answer ALL of your questions, I CAN comment on a few as I too asked this question on the forum previously and had gotten this response:

1. The date FROM is the most current entry (last entry) into Canada. For the date TO, a previous forum member told me to put the date of expiry of the Visitor Visa.
A national identity card is an additional card other than your passport that some countries issue. You'd know if the applicant had one. If not, then a simple google search to see if the country of the applicant has national identity cards.
2. Additional Dependents form does not need to be included if there are none.
3. Personal History: Yes, you are to include anything you've done during this time i.e. school, travel, work sabbatical/hiatus, unemployed, etc. However, you do not need to include trips shorter than 1 month. If the trip to Canada was 1 month or more, yes put Unemployed and then Visiting Spouse.
No this form does not need to be completed by the Sponsor even though you are a "spouse". In this instance, they mean, if a husband and wife were applying, or applicant and a dependent child were listed on the application.
4. Only include parents and siblings (even half or step siblings) and no, you, the sponsor, do not have to fill one out. Same explanation as above when they say "spouse".

Hopefully another forum member can fill in the gaps and confirm what I was previously told.

Last edited:
Reactions: ilya.can.visa

ilya.can.visa

Jul 15, 2018
Although I can't answer ALL of your questions, I CAN comment on a few as I too asked this question on the forum previously and had gotten this response:

1. The date FROM is the most current entry (last entry) into Canada. For the date TO, a previous forum member told me to put the date of expiry of the Visitor Visa.
A national identity card is an additional card other than your passport that some countries issue. You'd know if the applicant had one. If not, then a simple google search to see if the country of the applicant has national identity cards.
2. Additional Dependents form does not need to be included if there are none.
3. Personal History: Yes, you are to include anything you've done during this time i.e. school, travel, work sabbatical/hiatus, unemployed, etc. However, you do not need to include trips shorter than 1 month. If the trip to Canada was 1 month or more, yes put Unemployed and then Visiting Spouse.
No this form does not need to be completed by the Sponsor even though you are a "spouse". In this instance, they mean, if a husband and wife were applying, or applicant and a dependent child were listed on the application.
4. Only include parents and siblings (even half or step siblings) and no, you, the sponsor, do not have to fill one out. Same explanation as above when they say "spouse".

Hopefully another forum member can fill in the gaps and confirm what I was previously told.
Thank you very much, this is very helpful.