+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship - Information About Relationship (IMM5532e, Part C)

ilya.can.visa

Jul 15, 2018
Hello,

I would like to get an opinion about which is the most appropriate information to fill out on the Part C of the IMM5532e form for information about the relationship.

Myself and my wife are married for several months now, and our relationship started back more than 1.5 years ago. We have visited each other several times for lengthy stretches of time and now my wife came once again to Canada and we are living together, as we have in all the previous visits of her coming here, in total over 5 months duration. We have been living together in the same household during those visits.

In Part C it asks whether we are living together now? Naturally I want to answer Yes, but then it mentions inter-dependency with combined affairs and specifically mentions conjugal, even though we are applying as a married couple, which we actually are, not as common law or conjugal.

What would be the most appropriate in our situation? Living together and specifying all the periods we lived together during the past 1.5 years, with attached proofs of long distance calls, tickets to prove periods of living together or specify not living together and give the details on the visits? Would going the not living together approach be more risky or it doesn't really matter as long as there is an explanation and enough details?

Thanks in advance.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
You are over thinking....
The question is
In Part C it asks whether we are living together now?
And you said
and now my wife came once again to Canada and we are living together,
So I think you answer is YES. Unless you two live in different rooms and have all finance seperated...etc