+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship for wife in India

coprwaitisover

Star Member
Jan 11, 2021
Hi there,

I am recently married and in the process of applying PR for my spouse.
We both are in India at the moment, however, I will be travelling to Canada in the first week of July.
I see that there are 2 ways to apply for spousal PR sponsorship:

Please help me understand the following things:
  1. Has anyone submitted online spousal sponsorship via this new portal? How was your experience?
  2. Is the online application better (in terms of processing times) or the offline one?
  3. Is there any detailed guide on how to fill in the online application? There are tons of documents to fill in on online application. And, as it is new, it is bit confusing.
  4. Do I have to be in Canada to submit this online application? Anyway, I will be in Canada by first week of July, but still I want to know if I can fill in everything and submit as soon as possible.

Please help!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there,

I am recently married and in the process of applying PR for my spouse.
We both are in India at the moment, however, I will be travelling to Canada in the first week of July.
I see that there are 2 ways to apply for spousal PR sponsorship:

Please help me understand the following things:
  1. Has anyone submitted online spousal sponsorship via this new portal? How was your experience?
  2. Is the online application better (in terms of processing times) or the offline one?
  3. Is there any detailed guide on how to fill in the online application? There are tons of documents to fill in on online application. And, as it is new, it is bit confusing.
  4. Do I have to be in Canada to submit this online application? Anyway, I will be in Canada by first week of July, but still I want to know if I can fill in everything and submit as soon as possible.

Please help!
It is mandatory that you be in Canada to submit the online application. If you do it while you are outside of Canada, then you can expect the application to be refused since you will not meet the requirements to sponsor at the time the application is submitted.

There is a thread here of people who have submitted outland applications online: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/outland-sponsorship-online-application.737998/page-23

I believe the jury is still out with regards to whether the online or paper method is faster. Hopefully someone else can confirm that.

Follow the guide here for completing the application: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html