+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship, family class

sajani

Dec 24, 2017
Hi Im new to this website. can anyone please answer to this question.
Im the sponsor of my husband and as I'm preparing the documents, I came up with this question. Do shared expenses same as gifts we shared? I'm not sure where to include all the bills and payments of gifts we shared.
what does shared expenses mean or what to include?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Im new to this website. can anyone please answer to this question.
Im the sponsor of my husband and as I'm preparing the documents, I came up with this question. Do shared expenses same as gifts we shared? I'm not sure where to include all the bills and payments of gifts we shared.
what does shared expenses mean or what to include?
They want to know about bills like rent, utilities, car payments, etc. Everyday living expenses. Money transfers could also be added to the list if that applies to your situation.

sajani

Dec 24, 2017
They want to know about bills like rent, utilities, car payments, etc. Everyday living expenses. Money transfers could also be added to the list if that applies to your situation.
Thanks for the reply canuck78. Im confusing because my husband and I have no shared expenses because we are living in two different countries. we only have shared expenses when I visit him and all the payments occurred by cash. we shared food expenses, movie tickets but unfortunately, I cant get evidence for them because we don't have bills.
I have one bill indicating that he paid advance for the wedding ceremony next year. Do you think that'll be enough?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You'll have to explain that there has been no need to share expenses because have never lived in the same country and you are both able to cover you own living expenses. Yes you can mention that he paid for the wedding. Am a bit confused as you said your husband but then you mention your ceremony is next year. I assume this is an arranged marriage so you will have to explain that you have not spent a lot of time together so not many opportunities to share expenses.